102

Date: 4/3/26

After Poppy's sacrifice, I couldn't handle being with the pop trolls anymore. I've taken Petal, my only family, and traveled to lonesome flats. I don't want too much memory of my wife. I've left all my pictures of her, and invitations from her behind at our bunker. The only place I'll remember her is in my mind. I can't take this pain anymore. I've lost another family member. Rest In Peace, Queen Poppy.

Petal wiped away her eyes, trying to hold the sadness in, but it was too much. She started to sob it all out, crushing the paper in her hand. Her mother was actually really gone, and sacrificed herself for something. But what? Petal's father has never told her any of this.
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎She took one more glance at the paper and noticed a few, life changing-words

She took one more glance at the paper and noticed a few, life changing-words.

being with the pop trolls

Queen Poppy

Petal and her family were part of the pop tribe? Her mother was a queen? That meant Petal was a princess. Petal ran out the door without waking her father up, bringing the note.

"Mallory!" Petal yelled. She ran up to her, with her eyes still watery while out of breath.

"Where have you been, girl? The fest already started! And what's going on with you? Are you ok?!" Mallory asked.

"I found this in my dad's bedroom," Petal spoke quickly, with her voice trembling. She gave the note to Mallory.

Mallory read the piece of paper. "Am I reading this right? It says your mother is dead and your family was part of the pop tribe. No wonder you're so colorful and two-legged."

"I guess..."

"We need more information on this! Stat!"

"But how are we going to get it? It's not like my dad will just tell us." Petal asked.

"Tonight, 3am, we take the balloon to pop village!"

"Th...The witching hour?" Petal stuttered.

"Yeah, duh! No one will be out to catch us then! Besides, it's just a tale we are told that will scare us. There won't be witches or anything."

"But-"

"Great! No take backs! Meet me at 3:05 am, near where the trailers are. Yee-haw!" Mallory ran off to enjoy to festival.

Petal shook in fear. Was that really a good time?

That night, Petal stood behind the door to her home. She was too nervous to come outside, even though she had what she needed to leave. She leaned against the door and sighed.

Mallory ran to her door and opened it quick enough Petal didn't notice, then she fell due to leaning against it, but luckily was able to catch her fall. Petal collected her bags and stood up.

"Great! Let's go!" Mallory whispered, then pulled her hand to the balloon. Petal tried not to scream.

Inside the balloon, Petal shook, nervous. "I'm still not very sure about this..."

Mallory quickly cut the rope holding down the balloon. "There. You happy now? No one can attack us in midair."

"What if they fly-"

"We are safe inside here, we are fine."

"And I'm afraid of heights!" Petal looked down and panicked. "What if we fall?!"

"Suck it up, Petal, you're overreacting!"

"Well, it's late anyway, I'm tired, I'm going to sleep."

"Alright, go ahead and miss the fun," Mallory rolled her eyes."

Petal grabbed her blanket and slept in the corner of the balloon.