105

The four kids walked into a large yard full of critters, surrounded by a white fence.

"Oh yeah, did I forget to mention this place is a vet clinic?" Dash said.

"...yup," Petal and Mallory said at the same time.

"My father and I keep these critters happy and healthy, mostly because of this broken-down village. Meanwhile, Pinch and my mother are a bit more physical, I mean my mother isn't as physical since we lost our queen, but she tries."

A male troll walked out into the yard. His skin was a slightly faded purple, while his hair was slightly faded orange. He smiled, bringing out food for the critters.

"And this is our father, Milton Moss."

Milton looked at the kids curiously. "Oh Dash, Pinch, nice to see you. And who are they..."

"I'm Mallory! From the country western tribe," Then Mallory elbowed Petal.

Petal took a deep breath. "I'm Princess Petal, of the pop tribe."

"Oh, Petal... I remember you! Poppy and Branch's kid, right? Where have you been, all this time?" He asked.

"My dad took me and ran away to Lonesome Flats, and I've lived there ever since. I came here to learn more about my mother."

"Of course! Come in! We do have some stuff inside..."

Inside, Dash knocked on her parent's bedroom.

"I'm going to my room," Pinch said.

"At least be considerate to our guests!" Dash said.

"Ugh."

The door opened slowly. There was a short, yellow-gray female troll with long, teal grey hair with a pink bow. She had a pink dress was a light blue dot on it.

Smidge glanced at Petal. "Hey." She had a deep, raspy voice.

"And this is our mother, Smidge."

"Where have you been, Petal?" She asked.

"It's a long story. And you know me? I mean, no wonder..."

"You need to know a bit about your mother, don't you."

"How did you know that?"

"Why else would you be here?"

"Good point."

"One second." Smidge ran back into her bedroom and came back with a velvet purple box.

"A memory box!" Mallory shouted. "Holy Fried ice cream, thank you mam'."

The four kids sat on the floor with the box.

"Wanna do the honors, girl?" Mallory asked Petal.

"I suppose, it's my mother,"

Petal opened the box. Inside was all sorts of invitations, scrapbooks, and pictures. Petal picked up a picture on top.
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎