Planning

"So, wedding plans." I said softly as I grabbed Donny's hand and pulled him in towards me.

"Yep. Today's the day we make most of our big decisions." He looked down at the floor then back up at me. "I love you Julia. And I can't wait to marry you."

"I can't wait to marry you too Donny. I've wanted to marry you for so long. I know this will be my second wedding, but I want it to be just as incredible, if not more. It's going to be magical."

"I can only hope so. All I know is that I will remember that day for the rest of my life."

"So will I." I pulled him into a kiss and Donny wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me close. We kissed for a while before I pulled back. "Come on Donny, let's go downstairs and get started." I had a few ideas of what I wanted for our wedding, but I wanted Donny's input on everything as this day was about us as a couple. That's one thing I regret from my wedding with Michael, it was more about me that about us both.

"I guess the first thing we need to think about is guests."

"Yeah." I said softly. "Obviously we have the band. You have your dad, I have Ma. And I won't bother inviting my dad and his new family. I invited them to Michael and I's wedding and he didn't show up. After that point I gave up trying to ever contact him." I sighed. "He doesn't love me, he doesn't want me. I was a burden in his life." I said wiping my eyes.

"But you have me, and you have your Ma. And she's the absolute greatest mother in the world. She's the best mother to us both. She filled a big hole in my heart that had been formed after I lost my mom. Your mom filled that hole for me."

"Thanks Donny. And I know I have you and Ma. I just miss my dad a lot. We were really close when I was young. Then as I started high school and he suddenly forgot about me over night it seemed. He stopped caring, stopped being around so much. And then Ma and I learnt why. And after she confronted him, he left and I've not seen him since." Donny put his arms around me and rubbed my back, helping to soothe me. "All I want from our marriage Donny is truth and honesty. That's all."

"And that's what our marriage will be Julia. Truthful and honest. Ever since the day you told me the truth about your dad, and I told you the truth about Michael. I've vowed to always be honest and truthful, especially with you. Because I love you, and I know the truth may hurt at first, but it's better in the long run. Lying only makes things more painful." I nodded and he continued to just hold me lovingly. "And I know you want us to have a family together, and that's what I want, more than anything. And I promise right now, that I will never, ever leave you and our kids. You're my world Julia, and I know any kids we have together will be my world too. I promise to not be like your father. You are my one true love, Mrs Julia Novitski to be. My beautiful Bride." Those last few words caused me to smile.

"My handsome husband." I said looking up at him and gazing into his eyes. "I promise to always be truthful and honest with you my love. No matter what the circumstances. I cannot wait to be your wife, and be the mother of your children. And I know you'd never leave me. For us to be together we went though so much, and we've had individual battles we've had to push though. Such as grief, guilt, heartbreak, the list is endless. But we're doing it, because we love one another, and we deserve to be happy. And we make each other happy."

"Yeah. I'm the happiest man in the world when I get to be beside the love of my life." I smiled and kissed him again. "So wedding plans." He chuckled as we pulled apart.

"Yeah. Plans." I smiled. "I want you to make the decisions with me. Last time I more or less made every decision for what I wanted and only after the day I realised it wasn't the wedding Michael had dreamed of. And I don't want the same to happen to you. I want us to be in this together."