Chapter Twenty Three

I've been avoiding and ignoring Leo for the past 2 days and hell was it utter chaos. Mahirap talaga siyang hindi kausapin when you feel too comfortable around him. Minsan pa nga kapag nag jo joke siya kasama ang gang natatawa rin ako unconsciously. Pag nare realize ko naman ito, napapansin ko na bigla siyang nakangiting nakatingin sakin na parang bata. Bigla akong sisimangot at aalis kapagka ganon. Sa loob ng room, mahirap din kasi katabi ko lang ito.

Okay naman nung isang araw kasi tumahimik lang kaming dalawa non. kaso bigla na akong kinakausap kahapon jusko. I do feel awkward kasi naman sa nangyare. Minsan kinikilig ako kapag naaalala ko yun, pero mas nangingibabaw talaga yung hiya ghorl.

Kaya sobrang hirap talaga. napakahirap nitong hindi pansinin. Minsan nga rin unconsciously ko siyang  tinatawag bigla naman siyang haharap sakin bigla na nakangiti parang ewan. Its actually tiresome too.

"Guys, una nako." Paalam ko sa gang at tumayo na. Tumayo rin si Nix at kinuha ang bag ko.

"Dude masyado pang maaga." Chase replied.

"Medyo masait ulo ko eh, pasensya na. I'll see you guys tomorrow." I smiled and walked away. hinawakan ni Nix ang balikat ko para alalayan ako sa paglalakad.

Almost like an attack. 

"Sorry Nix."

"Shh. It's aight. just keeping pushing, we're almost there." He reassured. Inopen niya ang room ko at iniupo ako sa couch. Pumunta siya sa kitchen para dalhan ako ng water. Nginitian ko ito.

"Thanks."

"Feel alright?" He asked. I nodded in response.

"pang ilan na to ngayong buwan?"

"Dalawa lang." I replied.

I have troubles with anemia, yes I am anemic. Isama mo pa ang blood extraction at blood manipulation na ginawa ni Nena sa katawan ko mas naging complicated ang dugo at cells ko resulting in this suffering.

I rested my head on the couch and heaved deeply. Medyo sumasakit na talaga ang ulo ko. I still have to do my work done by tomorrow morning. 

Sinabihan ko si Nix na matutulog na ako kaya umalis na siya at ni lock ko na ang pinto. I drank another cup of water and continued my way to the coffee table. Inilabas ko ang papeles na kailangan sa reporting for tomorrow's presentation. I have to finish this. 

The reporting is all about the history of the sorcerer community kaya makakayanan ko ito. The thing is my head is unable to cooperate. Masyadong mabigat ang ulo ko at hindi ako maka isip ng maayos.

I tried my best to finish the report when my head felt sloppy and my eyesight foggy. 

"Darling, I need you to wake up for me." hmm. Leo?

"I just want to let you know that, don't push yourself too hard. I love you." 

Leo's POV

"How is she?" 

"fell asleep. Don't worry, I took care of it." I replied taking a shot out of a Jack Daniels bottle.

"You reek of alcohol, Leo," I smirked at him and lit a cigarette. 

"Why'd you come back?" I batted an eye at him and back to the ceiling.

"I suppose you know the reason," I replied as he stayed silent.

"I'm here for her. You know how dangerous the outside can be. With all the first five being hunted out there."

"Hindi ka niya maalala." He replied.

"I gave up my eye for her," I told him pointing at my left grey eye. The eyes of which nothing but darkness illuminates upon it. I lost my sense of sight last ten years ago.

"Baket hindi mo sinabi sakanya?"

"What more could I ask for? She's here now. It's more than what I deserve." I replied.

"Margo feels attached to you somehow." I blew out the cigarette smoke and replied.

"I know. I'm not going to take advantage of that, Nix." I said reassuring him. Nix is her attendant and a close friend of mine. I have no intention of lying to him.

"Your presence. you should know it will lead her to the truth." He said. I nodded. 

"I'm well aware of that, thank you for reminding me," I replied sarcastically. To tell the truth I fear her prying on the matter that connects my life to hers. I can't risk it, but I can't help getting closer to her. 

"It just feels like... the more I get closer to her. The more I never want to let her go."

"Right. and do you think keeping her away from the truth the best option? Come on Leo you know better. Margo is the type to not let go of someone's hands unless they are sure of their decisions."

"I know."

"And she feels it in you." I stayed silent. I know.

"Alam kong alam mo ang ginagawa mo. Pero wag kang tanga, Leo. Stop dilly-dallying and be fucking honest with yourself. In the end, the truth will be out."

Nix sighed. "Sigurado ka ba sa desisyon mo?"

"I don't want her sympathy."

"She's not doing it out of sympathy, Leo. Why don't you take her hand this time."

"And expose her to danger? I cant do that." He replied too fast. Huminga ako ng malalim. Kahit anong gawin ko wala naman itong epekto sakanya.

"Danger, She's one of us, Leo."

"I don't have much time, Nix."

"Exactly. More reason why she has to know. Now." He said with a serious tone. Do I have to be brave?

"Things have changed, Leo. So stop contradicting. Be honest with yourself. With the remaining time you've got." 

"I'm giving you a month, Leo. I'm giving you one month to tell her yourself what happened, who you are, and everything that happened." I stayed silent taking another shot.

"I will tell her by then."

"You better do. A month, Leo. Or I will be forced to tell her myself."

"Just a little more, Nix. I just need a little more time."

"Yea? And where will that time take you? That fucking time is eating your life! Listen, Leo. Isipin mo ng maigi ang kailangan mong gawin with the short amount of time you have left. Stop being a pussy."  

He raged out of the room leaving me and my thoughts. I took the whole jack daniels bottle and chugged it whole. I took my cigarette and headed towards the veranda.

I just need a little more... time.