Chapter Sixty Nine

'Margo Blaine, your desire is just and your heart is pure. You are strong, and with this strength, I will take nothing but thirty years off your life.' The Lost Soul said casting upon its light towards Philip's heart. 

The four stood there holding each other's hands watching what was happening in front of them. Lumakas ang hangin sa paligid nila ngunit hindi nila dapat tanggalin ang kanilang mga kamay at ang ilaw na nanggagaling sa Lost Soul na ngayon ay nasa loob ni Philip radiating too much white light. 

Soon enough, people gathered in the vicinity and saw what had happened. Pati ang Cross Community ay pumunta rito kasama si Cornelia, ang asawa ni Philip, seeing the bright light at Santa Catalina, she knew a sacred ritual was made. 

Nakita ni Cornelia ang nakahiga niyang asawa na nababalot ng puting ilaw at malakas na hangin. Ang ga estudyante ay hindi bumitaw sa kanilang paghawak sa isa't isa. 

Cornelia was dumbfounded. The light, the air surrounding her beloved was warm making her kneel. Pati ang ibang mga kasapi ng Cross Society ay nagulat sa kanilang nakita.

My..my dearly beloved husband is being brought back to life. She thought to herself teary-eyed, as the light and air started to calm down. 

Napaupo ang apat na estudyante sa dami ng kanilang nailabas na magic at hinga na hingal na tumingin sa kanilang harapan.

Gasps were heard all around, as the person Margo, Zeke, Leo, and Nix resurrected sat and looked at them smiling. He was still surrounded in white light just right for the human eyes to see. 

"Are you guys the ones who tried to bring me back to life?" Philip said to the students with a voice that soothed their ears. Like an angel's voice, they heard. Is this what it felt when they said Philip was the most loved among all? Now I understand. Margo said to herself. The truth was evident, Philip was an angel. 

"It must have been a rough journey." He added. Leo looked upon this person with tears in his eyes. Philip knew how they suffered, he held Leo's head and played with this roughly.

"Leo, look how much you've grown." He said making Leo sob in front of him.

"It good to see you, dad." He said and smiled as Philip wiped his tears of joy. 

"Dont break the circle yet, please." He commanded to the students who now listened as he stood and walked towards Cornelia.

"Dear." He said with such a gentle voice, like a lullaby not only to Cornelia's ears but to all who heard him speak.

"I've longed to see you." Cornelia said. Philip caressed Cornelia's face and wiped away her tears.

"Dear, why should you do this?" Philip said with much disappointment in his voice. Nalungkot si Cornelia sa sinabi ng kanyang asawa sakanya. 

"I.. I did this for you." She replied.

"Dearly, beloved. I can no longer be with you. I am with the dead. I cannot be with you."

"You are resurrected, we can live together again!" Cornelia shouted and pain became evident in her eyes. 

"The dead cannot return back to life, dear. I'm sorry for making you hold unto false hope." Philip said hugging his wife while Cornelia cried in his arms. Everybody just stood there listening and watching as well as the four students with their hands still linked to each other.

Cornelia's world fell apart and her heart breaking for the second time. Lumayo si Philip at tinigann ang mga nakatayo. Ang iba ay naiiyak sa sinabi ni Philip.

"I apologize, every one of you. but I cannot return by your side. Please, stop hurting yourselves and live. Live." Sa pagbitaw niya ng mga salitang iyon ay naparami ang napahinto at napaiyak rito. There, Margo knew how much they loved Philip. 

Tinignan ni Philip ang kanyang asawa sa mata at nginitian ito.

"Dear, I apologize truly. but you have made such grave misconducts. To both communities. Is this the peace we hoped for? No. Come with me." Philip said surprising the four students. Nagulat sila sa sinabi ni Phhilip. Come with him? into the afterlife? 

"Wait, tito. She can change, let her live with us." Margo said trying to change Philip's mind. He shook his head and looked at Margo with a genuine smile.

"My beloved successor, your heart is pure. But my wife had died long ago. Cornelia is now an empty husk with no willpower."

"What?" Margo said in confusion. The others were confused as well.

"The person you see right now is a Lost Soul. Unfortunately, she had a deal with a bad spirit, the Lost Soul, Mahatua. An evil assassin who dates centuries ago. Upon both agreeing to the terms, Mahatua took possession of her body and inside, held her soul captive. Only I am capable of taking the lost soul back to the fire, but Cornelia herself is needed, for Mahatua is now linked with Cornelia both body and mind." Philip explained. 

Walang nagawa ang mga estudyante at mga taong nakapaligid rito dahil sa sitwasyon. Lumapit si Philip sa mga taong kanya pang nakikilala na ngayon ay medyo tumanda na.

"Please, live." He said before turning his back to them and heading towards the students. There hands were still interlocking with each other.

First, he spoke to Zeke sayaing, "Zekelohim, you're father was my mentor. He taught me different skills and techniques that came handy when I was still a hunter. You look just like your Father." Zeke smiled at him genuinely and started to get teary eyed.

He went to Nix and held his shoulders. "Kyle Nix, always follow your heart. Your grandfather was the one who taught me that." Nix reminisced the time he had with his grandfather. 

"Margo." He said and paused for a little while. He held Margo's hand and caressed this gently. "Please take good care of my son. He had always looked after you, as I will do the same for the both of you." He said. Margo hugged him tight carrying his words with honesty. Lastly, he went in front of Leo.

"Leo, You did great. Margo would be a good wife." Philip said smiling and winked at Leo as he chuckled and nodded in response.

"I will, Dad." Bumalika si Philip sa tabi ni Cornelia at hinawakan nito ang kanyang dalawang kamay.

Philip kissed Cornelia's temple as both their bodies were now covered in white light and faded into the air.

Few minutes had passed after the two descended from the ground. The four students relaxed a bit. Margo and Nix sat on the ground when Leo suddenly felt sluggish and sloppy. Even with his first step, his head started to spin.

He held his heart and rubbed it to calm his system down. But his body was failing him. He fell to the ground. He stood up immediately before his friend would notice.

"So, I guess this is the end?"