Chapter Fourty Five

"You have to come with me. It's about Leo. Leo is..." 

Daling nag empake ang dalawa para sa kanilang pupuntahan na tungkol kay Leo dahil may nakalap na impormasyon si River. Both took their personal belongings and met up in front of the main gate of the academy. Buti nalang at Friday na dahil naka open ang gates para sa mga estudyanteng may balak bumisita sa kani kanilang bahay. 

Both stepped up on the private vehicle.

"Where are we going?" Margo asked.

"We're heading south. To Reedus. It's a long ride, but I'm sure may information tungkol kay Leo rito." He said with determination. Na touch si Margo sa ginawa ng kanyang kaibigan. 

"Reedus? I haven't heard of a place like that." Margo replied. 

"Nor did I. It was wiped out of the map. After some research, I found its existence. It's a silent town, at walang sorcerer ang mga nandon." Its a part of the human community. 

"Paano mo nga pala ito nahanap?" Margo asked

"I thought something was off about your childhood friend and Leo. Kung titignan mo ng maayos, magkahawig sila. If Nicholas, your friend happened to grow, he would surely look like Leo."

"About that, Sinabi ni Leo na may kambal siya at yung kilala ko dati ay si Nicholas, hindi si Leo." Napa hawak si River sa kanyang baba at nag isip.

"But Margo, don't you think it's odd?" River asked making Margo trace the story again.

"What do you mean?" She asks.

"I went through Pierre's documents and saw nothing about Nicholas and Leo. Plus, Their names are the same. After reading different documents from your family's history and last twelve or thirteen years ago only brought me to a conclusion. At hindi ako pwedeng magkamali. Leo has no family but one."

"So you mean.." River nodded.

"We are going to his one and only family." Margo was surprised.

"Why did you research on this again?" She asks one more time making River unconsciously look away with reddish ears.

"Well, you were not acting yourself for the past two weeks and I think Leo or Nicholas had something to do with it. Plus it really was odd. So I wanted to investigate. It felt like there is more to it." He said with a serious look on his face. Margo gulped. The seriousness influenced her brain that they were about to face something spine-chilling.

After some hours, huminto ang vehicle and a knock from up front told them they were there.

"Listen, Margo. This is a human town. We cannot afford to be caught considering that they have their guards up dahil sa cross society. Let go of those magic energy you have in you. Just relax." Margo nodded as she followed River's orders.

Margo and River put on their cloak and put up their hoods. Lumabas sila ng carriage revealing a small town with a small wooden arc. 

Reedus

"Anong pinunta niyo dito?" Sabi ng isang matandang lalake na nakasuot ng traditional clothing at gayundin ang mga ibang tao. The women of the village wore a flourish white-colored one-shoulder dress that touched the ground and the men wore an all-white shirt and pants. It looked too traditional and unique as to the designs and the fabric looked rare.

"We're here for Namalia Sebastian." Sebastian?

"We were not told that she has a visitor. Nor did the lad tell us nothing. Liar!" Sabi nito at nagtaas ng anti-magic weapon na ikinagulat ni Margo. Pati ang ibang townspeople ay itinaas ang mga anti magic sa kanila.

"Please, we're not here to fight. We just need to talk to Ms. Sebastian." River replied removing his hood so Margo followed removing hers too.

Dahan dahan nilang ibinaba ang kanilang mga anti magic weapons at tinignan muna ng maigi ang dalawa kung mapagkakatiwalaan ba sila. In defeat, the townspeople led them to where Namalia is. 

"We will put our trust in you. Sana nama'y hindi niyo ito gamitin sa mga masamang bagay." Banggit ng matandang lalake. Siya ang tumatayong punong lider ng bayan na iyon.

Naglakad silang tatlo kasama ang punong lider papunta sa gubat na medyo malayo sa bayan. Biglang nagkaroon ng kaba ang dalaga dahil mukhang nagsisinungaling ito sakanila nguni pinili nilang huminahon at ibigay ang tiwala sa matanda. 

Sa di kalayuan ay may nakita silang ilog at isang maliit na bahay na punong puno ng halaman at bulaklak. Napakagandang tignan sa mata ang kapaligiran na ito.

Tinignan sila ng matanda at nag bow muna bago umalis. Agad naman nag bow ang dalawang estudyante pabalik. It may have been the town's courtesy to do so.

Before River and Margo crossed the river, Margo came up with an idea. She smiled, called River, and said, "Kuya River, kapatid mo ba to?" pointing at the river they were to cross. Binatukan ito ni River sa kanyang pang aasar. River's name and the river, she joked.

"Mukha ba akong ilog?" Asar na sabi ni River at tumawa ang dalaga. 

Matapos silang mag asaran ay nakapunta sila sa maliit na bahay. Kumatok ang dalawa ngunit walang nagbukas. Muli silang kumatok ngunit wala parin kaya nagpasya silang pumasok.

"Excuse us please." River said who opened the door. 

Inside was a comforting place. There were plants inside, as well as animals. Birds, bunnies butterflies, and in the far corner of the small wooden house lies a lady in bed.

"Excuse us, miss Namalia Sebastian," Margo spoke and went to her.

Upon looking at the person laying in bed which they seem to think is Namalia, both faces showed compassion and pity. She looked like she was in great unbearable pain. 

She had very long hair and she was wearing a white dress. No, there weren't any blankets covering her. She did look very petite. Not only did she look petite, but she also looked younger. The two became disciplined and respected the girl laying in front of them.

Margo held her hand to at least comfort her. You must have been very lonely in this house. She said telling it to Namalia in her head when a voice inside their heads emerged.

"Welcome, Margo Blaine and River James Chen."

Confused, the two looked at their surroundings to see who was emitting a voice inside their heads. Telekinesis.

"You do not have to be afraid. It is I, Namalia Sebastian."

"Namalia?" Margo asked

"Yes. I can't see you. But I can read and speak through your minds."

"We actually wanted to ask you some personal questions regarding your family, Ms. Namalia Sebastian, if that's okay with you." river said staring to interrogate her.

"It is alright. Excuse my presence for I cannot give you anything but information."

"It's okay, you don't have to push yourself," Margo replied still holding her hand.

"Would you care to explain how.. uhm.." River tried to continue but he wasn't so sure if it was okay for him to speak of what happened. River and Margo stayed silent for a while waiting for what Namalia would care to share with them.

'I am the second born of the Sebastian's. Vien Kei is my little brother.'