Chapter Thirty One

"Pardon?" Leo said as he stopped eating pandesal.

"I said, you're coming with me."

"To where?"

"To find the remaining labs? and the hidden mission." Margo said.

"And why?" He replied.

"Because I said so?" Margo said in response. 

"No." 

"Wha-" Nagulat and dalaga sa sinabi ni Leo dahil buong akala niya ay susunod agad ang binata. 

"Excuse me?"

"Yes?" Leo said in response batting an eye at the stressed Margo. He was playing with her.

"Turd." Walang nasabi si Margo pero kailangan niyang babaan ang pride niya dahil alam ni Leo ang gagawin. Natawa si Leo rito at kumain ulit ng pandesal.

Nasa loob sila ng kwarto ni Nix dahil maagang natapos si Margo sa kanyang pag eempake ng mga gamit. Alas otso na ng gabi at plina plano nila ang kanilang pag alis. Kulang nalang ay ang pag aproba ni Leo na sumama siya sakanila.

Unti unting nawawalan na ng pag asa si Margo at hindi na alam ang gagawin. She took her time thinking sitting on the couch in the living room resulting in just one last try. Ayaw man niyang gawin ay mapipilitan talaga ito.

"Leo, please?" She pleaded as Leo looked at her stopping his smile.

"Pfft." A small giggle escaped from Leo's mouth resulting in Margo's suntok.

"Nagmakaawa na nga eh ayaw pa." said Margo and pouted. She rested her head on the couch slouching and had a frown on her face. Leo smiled in secret containing his laugh.

"Alright. But you'll have to offer me a deal." He said making Margo's face light up.

"Really?" She said with a smile on her face. Leo nodded. Nag isip si Margo ng deal na pwede niyang gawin. She was having second thoughts on which she would use that or no, but in the end, she did. 

"Aight, Pierre gave me a trip to Roosevelt hive. This was actually reserved for Zeke the time we visit tita, but I'll give it to you. Swerte ka." She said.

"Right, let me pack up and we're good to go," Leo said and disappeared. Naghintay lang ang dalawa sa loob ng dorm ni Nix. Dumating rin si Apollo galing sa dorm room ng kanyang kambal kaya ngayon lang siya nakabalik.

Margo informed him to tell the gang that Mrs. Eleanor gave them the go signal so they shouldn't worry no more.

As soon as dawn approached, the three looked met up at Lunette's lobby.

While Margo was wearing a plain maroon-colored sweater pairing it with her jeans and winter boots, Nix was wearing a formal white polo with a necktie around the collars, and a pair of slacks topping it with his black shiny shoes.

Margo snorted causing Nix's ears to turn red.

"The fuck are you laughing at?" Nix said shyly looking out the closed glass doors of the veranda. Still, Margo smiling.

"Don't worry, you still look amazing." She replied amused approving of his fashion. Nix has been eye candy to women who adores men with cute and small faces. On top of that, he wears this bad look that doesn't suit his godly face but his trying makes him look adorable.

"Attendants have to use formal wear when outside or in a mission, so we cant go out in the open wearing casual clothes." Margo then stopped her laughs opening her mouth saying 'oh' inaudibly and offered her apologies.

"Leo will be on the lookout, he'll keep his appearance out for now." Nix continued before they both went on their journey.

They prepared for a bumpy trip loading in their bags basic needs. Departing as soon as possible, both came to the cafeteria to eat a heavy meal before setting away from the academy.

As Nix was readily prepared but knowing the high risk, he asked Margo.

"Are you sure about this? It's too dangerous." Seeing her best buddy worried, she smiled and flashed a determined look.

"We can handle this Nix, Kaya naten to." Heaving a deep sigh, Nix admitted defeat and ate breakfast.

Walking away from the academy, they all bid goodbye and set foot on the path to seek the next laboratory.

Margo's mind was focused on every little detail that had been opened for her. Margo was smart enough to interconnect the events.

"Malapit na ba tayo nix?" Margo asked breathing a bit heavier due to the heat and tiredness of their long walk.

"Just a little farther and we'll get there. Varousha is Fort Valley's neighboring city in the west, we're lucky." Nix responded.

Varousha, the city where Santa Barbara lies. Known for its great trading city and beautiful bounties.

It might be a neighboring city but secluded as it is, each city is far away from the other.

Upon stepping on the ground of the great city lies colorful and lively merchants, children, women, even humans.

Margo was beyond amazed, as she had never been away from her home. Besides the investigation, this clearly was an adventure for her.

Moving her eyes, side to side, up and down, no words can explain her excitement upon seeing different artifacts, objects, gems, and food. Since the moment she was born. everything was there for her.

In astonishment, she wasn't paying too much attention to her surroundings bumping unto a random man.

A man big enough to block a stall from the marketplace and strong muscles enough to squeeze Margo's head. A big guy with a big scar on his cheek and intimidating to look at. Margo herself was frightened due to the man's appearance.

"Sorry-"

"Watch where you're going or you might end up in a slaughterhouse."