11

My parents get home much later in the evening, way after I put the gun down and the clown/Hannibal incident. I hate being scared, showing weakness but...it happened. I walk upstairs, open my window and decide to start a new page in my notebook on what just happened downstairs.

I take a pen and scribble the date in the top corner of the page.

'All my troubles on a burning pile. All lit up and I start to smile if I, catch fire then I change my aim. Throw my troubles at the pearly gates.' I write down in my handwriting still trying to be neat I repeat it quietly to my self.

"All my troubles on a burning pile. All lit up and I start to smile if I, catch fire then I change my aim. Throw my troubles at the pearly gates."

"W-well I hope that I'm not interrupting anything?"

Bill's behind me smiling with my jacket in hand, my jaw drops in shock as I scramble of the floor.

"What-what?"

"Y-You left your s-s-s-s-sweater at my house. I thought I o-o-outa bring it back."

He hands me my jacket and I go hang it in my closet quickly.

"I-I-I-I-I have t-to go now, my mom want m-me home."

I smile and nod as he leaves, when I see him leave the yard I go to my closet once more. I grab my moms guitar from my grandfather who passed when my mom was ten, and start playing a tune with the lyrics I made the other day prior.

I clear my throat letting out a little cough and giggle to myself for no reason, very quickly playing the notes.

"I danced in the desert, in the pouring rain
Drank with the devil and forgot my name
Woke with somebody when the morning came
No one there to shame me for my youth
'Cause I wouldn't be with you
And then I found me a lover who could play the bass
He's kinda quiet, but his body ain't
Spend the days dreaming and the nights awake
Doin' things we know we shouldn't do."

I sing the song playing the chords along on my guitar, when I finish I here clapping behind me only to turn to see my dad with my laundry basket.

"You have choir soon." He says winking as he turns to go downstairs. I slam my window shut and run to my closet to find my church dress and jacket that Bill dropped off.

Bill's POV

As I grab my bike from the sidewalk I here a strum of a guitar, I hide behind the fence and listen to Y/n from her room.

"I danced in the desert, in the pouring rain
Drank with the devil and forgot my name
Woke with somebody when the morning came
No one there to shame me for my youth
'Cause I wouldn't be with you
And then I found me a lover who could play the bass
He's kinda quiet, but his body ain't
Spend the days dreaming and the nights awake
Doin' things we know we shouldn't do."

I listen and smile to myself. I hear her stop and shut the window so I decide to leave humming the song to myself.

Richies POV

"Richard!" My mom calls from downstairs it was fucking night time what did I do.

"Yeah?!"

My mom walks by putting an earring in her ear.

"It's Sunday your father agreed to late night church with me and your coming to. And before you argue your coming!" Mom leaves downstairs and my dad pass fixing his tie. I grunt and slump to put on some cleanish clothes sliding down the stairs to the door.

(Time skip)

We arrive at the church and sit in the back right before the damn choir starts, great. I look up to see the lead singer Ms.Sugar tits herself.

"Please hold your applause till the end and rise." The Pasteur says making everyone rise and Y/n begins.

"I was left to my own devices
Many days fell away with nothing to show
And the walls kept tumbling down
In the city that we love
Grey clouds roll over the hills
Bringing darkness from above
But if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like nothing changed at all?
And if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like you've been here before?
How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
How am I gonna be an optimist about this?"

(Time skip)

It's officially the dinner portion of this but I can't care less I just waltz over to Y/n who was bored in the corner.

"Hello, funny seeing you here."

"Richie?! What?! Why are you here?! Did Bill tell you about me singing her?!"

"No and I am here because of my parents they made me come here."

"I just didn't expect you to act so calmly."

"Oh inside I'm dying of laughter and want to tell everyone in the club including manly Stanley and Eddie Spaghetti that you can sing."

"Please don't! I'll do anything."

"Anything?"

"Not that! Anything but that."

"Fine. How about you show me your tricks?"

"Tricks?"

"Remember with Bowers?"

"Oh that? Well then sure, come with me my parents have to clean up though. So we'll be home alone."

"OOOO you want Richie Tozier!"

"No! Just come on!"

We walk to her house and she leads me up on top of the roof of the back porch, I see a BB gun on the roof as we near closer. She lays down grasping the BB gun like a sniper would I lay next to her to see what she's doing. She squints an eye and pulls the trigger shooting a target in the center. I clap she bows and we laugh shortly our fun being ruined by a voice from near.

1003 words