chapter 19

The next day in biology, I get to know Jules more. She's a really cool girl and I hope everything works out with Clive. I don't want to see her get hurt.

"Did you hear another mural was painted last night?" She asks as we work on a lab together.

"Really? I'm surprised no ones caught them doing it yet."

"Apparently it happens in the middle of the night." She says inspecting our work. "They increased security but they can't be everywhere."

"Where is it this time?"

"On the other side of campus near fraternity row."

"Damn I never pass by there." I'll try to make it over there though, I think the murals are beautiful.

"It'll probably get covered up soon. Clive saw it and told me about it."

I'm about to ask her what its of when our professor comes by to see how we're doing.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket so I take it out when the professor moves on to the next pair. It's from Harry.

Good morning :)

Butterflies take flight and I realize I'm smiling way too big. Looking up, I try to school my features before looking at it again. Nope that didn't work, I'm still smiling.

"What are you smiling about?" Jules notices.

I quickly lock my phone and look up at her. "Nothing."

She looks at me questionably before focusing back on the lab. God I can't imagine what she'd say if she knew about me and Harry. I feel bad every time I have to lie about it.

Opening my phone back up eventually when we finish our lab, I type back. He's so cute sending me a good morning text.

Good morning you. Looking forward to sneaking another kiss at practice.

His response comes soon after.

Screw that I can't wait that long. Can I stop by in between classes later? I'll be by your place.

Fuck I have to work. I got excited for a second thinking I'd get to kiss him sooner than after practice tonight.

Me: I wish but after class I'm working until practice :(

Harry: :(:(:(:(:(:(

Me: That's a lot of sad faces.

Harry: I'm very sad. I could stop by Sam's?

Wow he would use all of his free time between classes just to go all the way there and kiss me? I selfishly want to say yes.

Me: No Sam's isn't that close and I'll feel bad if you're late to class. I love the offer though.

Harry: It would be worth it but fine...I'll kiss you later.

Me: Can't wait.

After biology, Jules and I meet up with Willow for a quick bite before I have to leave to get ready for work.

"I always get a smoothie thinking today will be different but it sucks every time." Willow complains as we find a table and sit down. "I don't think the smoothie guy likes me."

"Do you know him?" Jules asks her.

"No but I didn't think it was possible for blended fruit to taste bad. I feel like he's doing it on purpose." She looks over to the smoothie hut. "He gives me weird vibes."

"Yesterday you said a campus landscaper gave you weird vibes." I comment opening my bag of potato chips.

"My vibes are never wrong."