Friendships and Ships (HG)

Doing another one but I'm coming up with this one on the fly. This is how the AU I write would go down.

Katniss sees Peeta in Kindergarten and he falls for her (obviously). She doesn't really notice him but he's nice to her and she to him. Completely forgets about the little thing later on.

Peeta meets Delly in first grade and they become stuck to each other because they think they're long lost siblings.

Katniss meets Madge in elementary as well but it's more of a quiet companionship.

Middle school. Katniss's mom works with Gale's mom, and the two kids get over the two year age gap and form a close friendship. Madge thinks Gale is cute which Katniss pretends to gag at her statement (it's the acne).

Delly and Peeta are mistaken for dating and she kinda likes him but gets over it quickly when she sees an 8th grader named Thom. Peeta continues to pine for Katniss from afar.

High school. Delly decides she likes Katniss and skips over to her spot and tries to make conversation. Katniss is lonely since Madge moved out of town and possibly out of state forever, so she lets Delly sit with her.

Delly drags Katniss to events and is smitten with Finnick (but who isn't, and yes, Finnick's eight years older than Katniss, but let's make it three for the sake of this AU, as well as Johanna).

College. Peeta's brothers have moved out but he always had Delly and still has her, even if he made a new close friend: Finnick. He's cocky, almost makes Peeta want to punch him in the face but knows that he's crushing on Annie (who is a year younger than Finnick and Delly's roommate.)

Katniss meets Johanna at a party and Johanna adopts her on the spot because she wants to get closer to Gale (he took a break before going to college).

Madge comes back and Katniss doesn't know what to do, but she can't avoid her since she became familiar with Gale. (Obviously that wouldn't stop Johanna, which is revealed later on that she was friends with Finnick since the second year of college)

Finnick knows that Peeta is crushing on Katniss so badly so he take it upon himself to become the matchmaker without him knowing, consulting with Johanna and pushing the two blushing kids together.

It actually works but it takes some time, and through the years Katniss gets close-ish to Finnick, Gale has to choose between Madge and Johanna, Peeta gets to know Annie better so he introduces her to Finnick, and Katniss is trying to put out fires that her friends and semi—boyfriend is causing.

And there we go.

Have a good day y'all.