[10]

The next days went by and he was just so exhausted. Dream couldn't handle not being able to kiss George. He needed time. He had to wait, but he didn't want to. The only thing that gave him any type of excitement was flirting with George. That was always fun. Seeing how red he could make him was his favorite thing to do. 

"How long until you leave?" The two boys laid in bed together, looking up at the ceiling. "A week," George sighed. "Why don't you just stay? You know we could get married and you could move here easily," he joked. "Actually, that might work. I want to stay here more than anything. I want to be here with you." 

Dream's eyes widened. "Wait I was joking but I'd be down. Of course, even though we both like each other, the marriage would just be for legal reasons." George smiled. "Yeah, but you're still getting me a ring. I'm a size five," he shrugged. "Of course, m'lady," he chuckled. 

That's exactly what he did, he snuck out of the house and bought a ring for George. He knew that George was joking but he thought it would be a nice gesture. Plus, buying an expensive ring wouldn't even slightly dent Dream's bank account. When he got back George had moved to Dream's bed. When he left George had been in his own room. 

Dream hid the ring and slipped under the covers, wrapping his arms around the small boy. "D-Dream?" George turned around to face the blonde. He sat up quickly. "What the fuck? Why did you leave?" Dream sighed. "Sorry, but I can't tell you. I'll tell you tomorrow. George searched Dream's eyes for any kind of indication of what it was but failed. So, he turned over and enjoyed the warmth of Dream as he drifted off to sleep. 

-

Dream woke up super early the next morning and changed into a suit. He wrote a note saying that he would be gone for a little while and left it on his dresser, so George would see it. He drove to the forest that he would come to as a kid. It was a special place that he never told anyone about, but George was special too. He grabbed his bag from his trunk and began to set up the large pink tent, stringing fairy lights all around it. He laid down a blanket in the center of the tent along with a basket of food and a cooler. He also laid another blanket on the ground outside the tent. 

He hoped George would like it. He pulled out his phone and began to dial George's number. "Hey, where did you go again?" Dream chuckled. "It's a surprise. I'm coming to pick you up. There is something in my closet with a note on it. I need you to get that" Before George could respond Dream hung up. George walked to the bathroom and found the box, immediately pulling out a blue formal dress. He chuckled. Of course Dream would make him wear this. 

The dress was actually really pretty. He tried it on and it fit perfectly. How did Dream manage to do this? He sat in the bathroom mirror, analyzing all of his features before seeing a bottle of eyeliner. He had never tried it before but it looked cool. It was the pencil kind, so he kind of smudged it but he liked it that way. 

Just then, Dream walked in on him. "Oh my god. You look- wow. You look amazing." George set down the eyeliner. "You think so?" Dream was mesmerized by George's appearance. "I- I know so. Especially your eyeliner- wow." George blushed. "Thanks, you look- um- hot, to say the least." Dream chuckled. "Thanks." Dream grabbed George's hand and began to lead him out the door. 

They drove for half an hour before pulling up to a suspicious-looking forest. George was confused, to say the least, but he was happy. Dream took George's hand and led him through the forest. George pulled up his dress with the other hand, careful not to drag it through the dirt. 

They arrived at a large tent and the two crawled inside. "A picnic. This is so sweet." Dream smiled. "I'm gonna move the car closer." When he moved it closer, he inserted a CD into the car. The slowed version of The Night We Met by Lord Huron could be heard from the tent. Dream hurriedly walked over to George, offering his hand. He took it and he led George to the blanket outside of the tent.

"Dance with me, George." George smiled. "Gladly." They began to dance. 

I am not the only traveler who has not repaid his debt. 

Their fingers intertwined as the small boy looked up at the taller. "How do I dance?" 

♫ I've been searching for a trail to follow again. Take me back to the night we met. ♫  

He looked down at the boy, examing every perfect feature. "Just do what I do."

And then I can't tell myself what the hell that I'm supposed to do. ♫ 

They swayed back and forth, feeling the cold air brush against them.

♫ And then I can tell myself not to ride along with you. ♫

It felt as if they were the only two people in the world. 

♫ I had all and then most of you. Some and now none of you. Take me back to the night we met. I don't know what I'm supposed to do, haunted by the ghost of you. ♫  

The feeling was almost euphoric Neither of the two had ever felt anything like it.

♫ Oh, take me back to the night we met. When the night was full of terrors. And your eyes were filled with tears. When you had not touched me yet. Oh, take me back to the night we met. ♫  

George pushed his head against Dream's head, still swaying together. 

♫ I had all and then most of you. Some and now none of you. ♫

George lifted his head to look at the blonde boy. "Dream," he said softly, "I don't want to be friends. I want more."

♫ Take me back to the night we met. I don't know what I'm supposed to do, haunted by the ghost of you. Take me back to the night we met. 

"I want that too," Dream paused as he glided his hand under George's chin, "I want you." He leaned down and pressed their lips together passionately. Dream was the first to pull away, smiling at George. "Which reminds me," he pulled a small box out of his pocket as he got down on one knee, "Will you marry me?"

A/N: Ah cliffhanger! I know it seems like they're speedrunning their relationship but just wait.