chapter eight

Sunghoons PoV

As soon as I felt her body go limp underneath me, I started to panic. I quickly wrapped my arms around her weak figure to prevent her from falling.

„Sunghoon-", i heard Heeseung asking.

„She just went unconscious", I shouted with fear. „Do you hear me?"

My friends stood there in shock, before hurrying over.

„Lay her down", ordered Jay, supporting Shiwoos body with me.

„Should I call an ambulance?", Niki asked, panicking too.

My mind went blank that moment. The only thing I could think of was the girl in my arms. Jay and I layed her down onto the floor, careful to not hurt her further. My heart felt like it was being torn apart.

„Her pulse is way too slow", Jay stated worried.

I shifted my gaze to look at him, a questioning look on my face.

„The ambulance is on its way", Niki informed, interrupting us.

„Good. Thank you, Niki", Jay muttered.

I moved my head to look at the girl again. One of my hands was still supporting her head, as I didn't want it to lay on the floor. Shiwoo looked almost like she was just sleeping, a little bit too peaceful to be honest.

However, as I now looked at her, I noticed how ill she looked. Dark circles layed under the girl's eyes, her lips were dry and ripped. Shiwoo was sickening thin. I felt horrible for not realizing earlier.

I reached my other hand to take hers. Her body was freezing cold, that was the next thing I noticed.

„She's freezing cold, Hyung", I uttered worried, making Jay look at me.

Tears flooded my eyes. Jays eyes widened as he scurried over to me.

„She's going to be fine, Sunghoon", he tried to comfort me.

I sniffled silently as he dragged his hand upon my back. Shaking my head, I couldnt help but feel absolutely terrible.

„I should've noticed", I was so mad at myself.

„It's not your fault, Sunghoon."

I couldn't answer that. How could he be so sure of that, when Shiwoo was laying right here. Unconscious, looking closer to death than to life. The doors burst open the next moment. Paramedics rushing to our side. Jay took my arm and dragged me away against a wall, to make more space for the professionals.

„They'll help her, see? She's going to be okay", he assured me softly.

I felt the presence of the others, as my heart beat in fear. It was frustrating and I felt so helpless, as I had to watch how the paramedics tried to help Shiwoo. One of them approached us with a serious look.

„You are her friends?", he asked, resulting in us nodding hectically.

„Okay, so she's seriously malnourished. It seems like she hasn't eaten for days at this point. We have to bring her to the hospital. Does one of you want to come with her?"

I stepped forward.

„I do", I quickly said.

The man gave me a nod, motioning me to follow him. As I looked to where Shiwoo had layed and didnt see her anymore, panic arose in me again.

„Dont worry, they brought her to the ambulance already. She's in serious danger, so we gotta be quick", he reassured me.

I immediately quickend my steps, entering the car parked in front of the company building. Shiwoo lied there, different tubes already attached to her body.