In Fate's Hands

There was no one in the world whom Rebekah trusted as much as her older sister Rachel. Rebekah confided her deepest wishes and darkest regrets in Rachel, and did not once fear judgment or lack of privacy.

"Hey, Bekah Bug. Hungry?" Rachel questioned, peering into Rebekah's open bedroom door.

Rebekah looked up from her lyric book. "Um, not really."

"Too bad, I'm starving. Let's go." And with that Rachel walked off.

Rebekah had no choice now. She sighed, and got up from bed.

******

"So. What's the scoop? What's new?" Rachel asked, then took a bite from her hamburger. They were at McDonald's and despite Rebekah saying multiple times she wasn't hungry, Rachel had still ordered her a hamburger and large fries.

"Not much, really. Just that stupid song. I can't seem to figure out what to say." Rebekah shrugged.

Rachel nodded, as she finished chewing her food. "Right. And what about Nate?"

"What about him?"

"How are things with him? Has he confessed his undying love for you yet?"

"He doesn't like me Rachel, I've already told you that."

"Oh, he so does!" she gushed. "He's in love with you! He just needs to grow a pair and confess it."

Rebekah laughed. "Rachel. I'm so much younger than him. Why would he like me?"

"Hey. Age is just a number. Look at me, I'm dating someone in college."

"But you're a senior in high school, so that's totally different."

"It totally is not. Look, I've gotta go pee, but when I get back, we're going to talk about your lack of self confidence." She stood up and started towards the bathroom, then stopped and turned back. "And you've barely touched your food. Eat!"

After she was fully out of sight, Rebekah looked down at her huge plate of food. Like hell she was going to stick this fat and grease in her body. She dumped half the fries in the trash, leaving some so Rachel wouldn't get suspicious, then her burger.