Higher

It had been a week since Rebekah was released from the hospital, and everyone seemed to be tiptoeing around her, not yet sure how her new "condition" would change things. Nobody had said much about it, but when they did, Rebekah only said one thing.

"I'm not anorexic." She said to Nate and Jack one day while they were in Nate's room.

"Bekah," Jack said. "You didn't eat for a week."

"I was so focused on my song that I just forgot, I guess." She shrugged and started playing a song on her guitar that Nate and Jack didn't recognise.

They listened for about thirty seconds, then Nate spoke up. "Is that new? It sounds awesome."

She smiled and looked at him. "Yeah, I wrote it for those lyrics you gave me. Sing along, tell me what you think."

They spent the next five minutes playing and fixing the song, before Jack interrupted. "Guys, I've gotta go. Band practice in like twenty." After they said their goodbyes, he got up and left.

"So did you ever finish that song you were so obsessed with?" Nate asked.

Rebekah groaned. "No! And I give up."

"Don't give up! Here, let me help you."

She bit her lip and thought for a second. "Alright, fine. Here's what I have." She was a bit nervous, which was highly unusual for her, but she made it through right up to the part she was stuck on.

"Rebekah," Nate paused. "That's the best song you've ever written."

"Not if I don't finish it."

"Well what's it about?"

"Passion. Being young, having so many dreams, not a care in the world." She was becoming very animated. "Like, we're only young for this short time. And we waste our time dreaming! I'm sick of dreaming. If you want something, you should quit dreaming and make it reality."

She looked over at Nate who looked like he wanted to say something, but couldn't put it into words. Finally, he leaned forward placing one hand on the floor in front of him, the other on Rebekah's cheek. His face was nearly touching hers, and she had a look of shock. He closed the gap and softly kissed her. They broke away, their faces still close.

"I want you, Rebekah."