Jaded

As Rebekah walked to her room, she could hear shouting coming from behind the closed door. She couldn't quite make out the words, but she recognised Jack and Alexa's voices. She slowly and quietly approached the door, then put her ear against it.

"Why the fuck would you think that was okay?" Jack yelled.

"I didn't mean to, Jack. Really, I didn't."

"Fuck that, you don't accidentally have sex with someone."

"I didn't mean for it to happen, I really didn't." There was no reply from Jack. "I'm sorry. I really am. I love you, Jack."

"No! You don't! Get the hell out of my house."

"Jack-"

"Go!"

Rebekah quickly backed away, and headed into the living room to avoid being caught eavesdropping. She fell down onto the couch, just as Alexa walked in. Alexa stopped and looked at Rebekah. Her nose was red, and her mascara was smeared. Their eyes locked for a moment, then she rushed out the front door.

Rebekah wanted to talk to Jack to figure out exactly what had happened, but she knew he would need space. Instead, she spent the next few hours in Rachel's room, discussing life with her.

"Shit." Rachel said. "I really liked her."

"Yeah, me too." Rebekah's head hung off the side of Rachel's bed. She liked the feeling of all the blood rushing to her head.

"And Jack really liked her, too. Poor guy." She continued to paint her toenails, and a silence filled the room.

Rebekah replayed the conversation in her head over and over again. She wondered what would happen now. Would they all stop talking to Alexa? They couldn't just keep hanging out with her as if nothing had happened. Things would be too awkward with Jack and Alexa around each other. Jack had told Rebekah that he loved Alexa. He was going to devastated.

"Hey, Bekah?"

"Yeah?"

"What did you have for dinner?"

"A sandwich."

"The whole thing?"

"Half."

Rachel sighed. "Well, I'm hungry. What do you say we go get something to eat at that new café down the street?"