Epilogue

I sat on the ground silently, letting my tears moisten the fresh dirt beneath me. He'd promised. He'd promised that he wouldn't leave. He promised me he would stay with me. I sniffled and looked down at the crumpled paper in my hand. The writing was rushed and shaky. It read
Cj,
I'm sorry. I know what you're thinking. You're mentally calling me out for doing this. But in my defense, I'm nit leaving you. I'll always be with you whether you like it or not. I never really got a chance to tell you how incredibly in love with you I am. Like completely and madly in live with you. You really helped me along but damn it I just couldn't take the calls from my mother anymore. I couldn't take being called a failure, useless, waste if space. It was killing me already, CJ. I hope you understand. I'm not hurting anymore. I'm free from that! I just wish I didn't have to leave my sweet love to get away from my mother. I hope I don't see you too soon. I want you to live. I want you to grow and stay beautiful. You'll find someone else. You'll get married and have beautiful children. Just don't forget me. That's all I ask of you. Don't forget me and know that I'll always love you most. Always. I love you for ever ever. To infinity and beyond.
Love always,
Your Michael

I let out a choked sob and shook as I finished the letter for what seemed like the thousandth time. I didn't want to get married and have children if I couldn't have them with Michael. No. I wouldn't. I wouldn't do as he asked either. He'd be seeing me. Soon. Very soon.