14 : Xieza

Obeying to Selene's caution, Cronus and her stayed in the center of the room, sitting on the ground that has the foam of the bed. They've been stuck in the position where Cronus wrapping his arms onto her waist.

He is behind her, making himself her cushion where she could rest her back onto his body. Despite the intimate posture, they had no time to be ashamed or flustered. All that matters was to stay safe in this isolated room.

Selene focuses her sensory on the sensation that causes harm to Cronus. Oddly, she is the only one who could feel it. Cronus's attention, on the other hand, is centered on Selene's welfare. Embracing her body making sure that if something or someone would attack them. He could shield and took the impact for Selene's body to get protected.

"Cronus, who do you think trapped us here?" She asked, out of curiosity. It's not possible that they angered someone to caused this entrapment. They just got here! They don't even know anyone.

"Nothing comes to mind." He responded to her after taking his time to think.

"I have two conclusions," she looked up to him and he stared down at her. "You can be at ease, the danger is only at the walls and exits of this room." She said smiling after seeing that he still activates his ability as his iris are glowing red.

"I don't want to risk your safety," he replied casually.

"Don't worry about me, protecting you is my duty," he smiled back at her and embrace her closer. "I like this job."

"This is no time to be playful."

"But I am telling the truth, I like this job, duty to risk my life for you." He smiled sincerely. Selene blinked for some time and hold her neck.

"You...you are a pain in the neck." She said, hitting two birds with two stones. As she means that looking up to his tall stature causes her neck to be stiff. And the other, meaning was his handsome face and playfulness affects her heart and made her nape sense voltage.

He smiled wider as a response showing his adorable right side dimples. "What's your two conclusions?"

"Right!" She straightens her body and shifted her gaze forward. "First, it's most likely that the inn owner was doing something similar to trafficking that sells those who rested in this inn. Or he just simply took them for entertainment or another purpose. The main point is, the inn owner, is the first culprit."

"You have a point, why are you so smart?" He shuffles her hair proudly.

"Hey! Don't treat me like a kid!" She rebutted pushing his hands away. He chuckled seeing her fixing her hair. He helped her not moving or changing their position.

"What about the second conclusion?"

"...well, I said that witches are good but I think they have something to do with this."

"How do you know?"

"You told me that, it took two hours at most for Ares to reach the witch valley."

"Yeah."

"When I felt the faint sensation it was when you told me that, Ares might have reached the destination by that moment. Something might happen to Ares at the witch valley."

"...that's a big possibility," Cronus commented seriously. Despite that, it didn't come to his mind those two conclusions Selene told him. It made sense, to him, she might be correct.

He feels so proud that she is so smart. She deserves to become an alpha. If only she is a lycan...

"Say, if there's a possibility that you could become a lycan...will you be one?" He asked almost whispering.