Chapter 10

Turns out there was a very specific reason Harry was smirking at me like the cocky bastard he is.

All fucking week he completely utterly ignored me. It wasn't like I wasn't even there, it was more like my presence didn't affect him. No teasing comments, no intense staring, no smirks at all.

The same thing every day. He would come to the bar right before the show, order me 4 shots of whiskey to down right on the spot, and head for the stage without even giving me a wink. He didn't even comment on my way too revealing outfit the other day, which of course I wore to get his attention. Fucking pathetic, I know.

Not one look. Nada.

On the contrary all of the attention, and hungry looks and glorious smiles, that used to be directed at me, were now lavishly given at the girls that literally were losing their shit in front of him, screaming his name. Like he needed more fuel to feed his ego. And of course after every show he would leave with at least two of them, one under each arm.

Manwhore.

If he was acting like I wasn't in the room I wouldn't be that bothered, because I'd know that he did it on purpose to get a reaction from me. This was so much worse, making me question if I actually had his attention in the first place. This man was making my mind want to explode from rage even when he ignored me.

Well to be fair, you asked him to, my bitchy subconscious judged me once again. Yes, I asked him to but I didn't expect him to actually do it with the first request!

God... I'm such a fucking loser.

The silver lining of the, in other respects hell, week, was that I finally got to properly meet the rest members of Hotplay.

The two guys Marcus and Logan were the complete opposites. The first one was quiet, kinda shy and always smoking. I swear he held a cigarette between his fingers even when he played his bass. Logan on the other hand was loud, constantly eating, and always joking and laughing at his own jokes. I think I didn't see him once without a smile in his face, he was so fun to be around. Rita thought so too, and she didn't miss to tell me, and I quote, 'that she wants to bone his brains out'.

Fuck, I don't even wanna know.

But Nancy stole my heart immediately. I was so in awe for her, she was incredible. She was very open-minded with a big dirty mouth and her love for partying and drugs reminded me of Rita to be honest. Plus she was the hottest woman I've ever met, and she knew it too well. Of course I didn't miss the intense glances between her and Marcus and I was kinda shocked because I couldn't picture her with such a low-key guy.

Nancy started coming earlier to the bar to have a drink with me and Rita, and chat, and generally get to know each other. Which brings us to today.

After she was about to leave the bar yesterday, right before Harry left with not one, not two, but three insanely beautiful girls that basically drooled all over him, she invited me and Rita to a party. Well more like demanded. She said that this old friend of hers was throwing a big-ass party for tonight at his club, which apparently was one of the most exclusive clubs in LA, and he told her that she could bring anyone she liked. He actually reserved for her a big part of the VIP area, which made me think that he was one more of her madly in love with her victims.

Rita nearly howled when she heard the name '7 Sins', she always wanted to go to that place. She got so exited that she wouldn't shut up all fucking day about it. She even showed up at my doorstep at 10 am and dragged me out of my apartment to go shopping with her. To be fair though I kinda needed to. When I learned that Harry would also be there, I knew I had to look irresistible. I knew it was sad and pitiful, but I had to get a reaction from him, it was eating me alive.