𝟏𝟏 ✫ 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

    𝐋𝐈𝐙 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐇𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 crying in a corner in a room she now knows to be their own version of a dining room, though it most consisted of several plants and a small round table, to sitting on the steps outside the Cull...

    𝐋𝐈𝐙 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐇𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 crying in a corner in a room she now knows to be their own version of a dining room, though it most consisted of several plants and a small round table, to sitting on the steps outside the Cullen house and the soft winds brushing her small curls back that she had taken out of her bun with her scrunchie secured safely around her wrist. Her face was now dry but her eyes were still red and puffy from all the tears she shed. She was scared to look in a mirror.

    She didn't say a word to anyone when she came out here. Liz believes that they wanted to give her as much space as she needed, which she greatly appreciated. The fact that they had seen her have a complete breakdown was hard enough for her pride to take, even if she did escape to a separate room for most of it. They are vampires with enhanced hearing, they may not have seen it but they definitely heard her. She needed air, she felt like she was suffocating in that room and she needed to get out. Liz honestly has no idea how long she has been out here, but she was grateful for the silence. Though, seeing as this was not her home, she knew this peace was not going to last for very long. She was proven right when she heard the front door open and close behind her.

    Liz may not know a lot about vampires but she is sure that if they wanted to then they could have come out here much quieter than that. Whoever this was wanted to alert her that someone was approaching in attempts of not startling her. It was smart, Liz had to admit. Because she was so tense that she would have jumped when said person sat down next to her, she nearly did when a clear glass filled with water was pushed into her line of vision, seeing as she kept her head down and didn't bother looking over to see who it was.

    Finally, she lifted her head slowly, not at all surprised to see it had been Jasper, his expression wary and soft as he held the glass of water out for her. "I figured you'd be thirsty."

    "Thanks." Liz said in a very low voice, she almost repeated herself but then reminded herself of his heightened hearing and stopped herself, knowing he must have heard her regardless and took the glass. She took a big gulp, proving that she was indeed thirsty, seeing as she practically cried out all the water in her system, if that were even possible. After a couple more seconds of silence and finishing the entire glass, Liz spared the golden blonde haired vampire a regretful look. "I'm sorry."

    Jasper turned to her, his perfectly sculpted features turning into a confused frown as he raised his brows. "For what?"

    Liz shrugged, not entirely sure why she was apologizing either. "I don't know. For having a meltdown, I guess. I don't normally let people see me cry. I hate it, actually. I don't like being weak."

    "You're mourning the loss of your parents. That doesn't make you weak, Liz. I'd be worried if you didn't react the way you did. One of the reasons I was so hesitant to tell you the full truth. I knew it would only cause you more pain."