𝟏𝟒 ✫ 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐨?

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

   𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 the week, the Chambers sisters walked on eggshells around each other

   𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 the week, the Chambers sisters walked on eggshells around each other. The night of Liz's surprise party, she did not get home until around midnight and even though she told her not to wait up, Liz should have known better with Ester. The older sister could not sleep, not until she knew Liz was home safely and she was willing to stay up all night if that is what it took.

    However, when Liz walked through the front doors to see Ester sitting on the couch, a mug in her left hand and the remote control in the other, the two locked eyes intensely, the faint muttering from the television was the only thing keeping it from complete silence. Ester had wanted to jump up and embrace her sister, declare a million apologies and beg for forgiveness. But the bitter look in Liz's eyes restrained her to her seat and after what felt like forever, Liz made her way up the stairs without a word.

    The next morning, tension was still there but the silence wasn't. Ester refused to let Liz leave for school and she had called the diner stating that she was going to be late so she could have time to talk to her. Ester dismissed Danny to work, which he was more than happy to get out of something he clearly had no business in. Liz wasn't so insistent on ignoring Ester like she was the night before, so she let Ester get her apologies out of the way and though she felt the pang of hurt lingering in her chest, Liz was quick to forgive her.

    Why? Well, because Liz didn't see the point in holding a grudge over something so stupid. Ester forgot her birthday, but she pleaded her case by saying all the hours she has been putting in at the diner and the movie theater were very exhausting, as was the added stress from her school work. She was never home anymore unless first thing in the morning and then would come home very late at night. Liz knew how hard she worked and how tired she must be, so that is why Liz forgave her so quickly. It was one birthday out of the seventeen birthdays she's had. Everyone was entitled to slip up. Ester is only human, it happens to the best of people.

    Still, even though things were patched up on that end, Liz couldn't help but find herself frustrated with Ester and a part of her doesn't really understand why. Ester could sense this, things were still sensitive between them and she couldn't really figure out what was wrong. She thought they swept things under the rug. Ester even got Liz a lava lamp for her bedroom for a birthday present, an orange one that went well with her painted walls, though it wasn't the exact same color, it was still cute and Liz set it up by her bed on her night stand. But that did not change the tension between the two and neither understood why.

    Danny had been in the middle of this for days and he didn't know what to do with the two women he lived with. He was always thrilled with escaping to work every day to get away from it, clearly not understanding what looks to be like a silent fight with each other.