𝟑𝟒 ✫ 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

    𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐙 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 down the stairs, she felt like she was transferred back two years, when her parents were still alive and everything in her life was somewhat normal

    𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐙 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 down the stairs, she felt like she was transferred back two years, when her parents were still alive and everything in her life was somewhat normal. A part of her was convinced she was still sleeping... dreaming. But she knew she wasn't. Because she wasn't in her childhood home and her knee was being extra irritable today, making her understand she was not dreaming. Which is why she is now frowning at the sight before her as she climbed down the last step.

    Balloons were scattered everywhere, some floating in the air while others laid on the floor, so much you couldn't walk without knocking into a group of them, sending them flying. Party streamers were hanging along the living room, leading into the kitchen where a large banner was hung over the window that read 'Happy Birthday!' in big bright blue letters.

    It looks exactly like what her parents did for her every year on her birthday.

    To say Liz was astonished would be an understatement, especially when she looked to the table only to see a large stack of pancakes, bacon, and hash browns were on display. It smelled absolutely fantastic, which could only mean Danny must have cooked, since nothing looked burned or dried out.

    "Happy birthday!" Liz had barely made it into the kitchen before Ester and Danny came jumping out in front of her, startling the blonde, causing her to place a hand over her heart and jumping back a bit. It took everything in Liz to force a smile on her lips, looking at everything in shock.

    "Wow, I was not expecting this." Liz did her best not to let her voice sound so strained, so confused. Unlike last year, Liz was well aware of her birthday this time around. February 18th. How the hell has it been a year already?

    And it seems, Ester and Danny both were as well. Liz, however, couldn't exactly feel grateful, mainly because she knows that all of this fuss was made purely out of guilt for what happened last year. Besides, seeing all of this... it only made her miss her parents so much more. She expected them to walk into the kitchen at any second, with a freshly baked chocolate cake and their warm hugs.

    It took everything in Liz to choke back a sob.

    If it wasn't for the fact that Ester forgot her birthday last year, then she would have come down to maybe a nice breakfast and a card with a twenty dollar bill inside. It is what she always expected from Ester, long before she even met Danny. She always claimed Liz was too hard to shop for, so money was the next best thing. Liz never used to care in the past, but now that the clarity of her sister's behavior was slowly starting to be made clear to the youngest Chambers sister, it made her understand that Ester had never put in any effort into her birthday in the past like she thought she did.