I'll Be Yours Forever

Authors note: So this is part one of three for my We've Been Living on a Fault Line series. All of this has been inspired by the song 'til Forever Falls Apart by Ashe and FINNEAS.
Synopsis: Y/N is kept behind at work by JJ. Little does she know there is a surprise waiting for her at home.

+/+\+

Y/N exhaled a sigh of relief as she closed her last file. After four mind-numbing hours of paperwork, she was finally done; she hoped she could escape the bullpen before JJ could dump another case on her. Everyone else on the team—apart from Hotch, who pretty much lived in his office—had left well over an hour ago, and it was starting to frustrate Y/N.

In the five seconds it took for Y/N to reach under her desk for her bag and stand back up again, JJ appeared out of nowhere, and the agent yelped in fright. JJ stood next to her desk, files in her arms and a cheeky grin across her face.

"Don't tell me there's another case," Y/N groaned. There was no doubt that Y/N loved her job, they all did, but all she wanted was to go home. "I can't take any more."

JJ grabbed three folders, placing them on Y/N's desk. "Just making the rounds for the morning."

"Oh thank god," Y/N swung her jacket over her shoulders and pulling it tight, "I was ready to fight you."

"I'm not sure you'd win."

Y/N hummed. "Are you sure you want to take that bet?"

Y/N bolted out of the bullpen and into the elevator before JJ could respond; she was eager to get home to Emily and Sergio, ready to do absolutely nothing for the rest of the evening. As she rode the elevator, Y/N hoped that Emily was in the mood for takeout. The younger agent was craving her usual from the Chinese restaurant that was two blocks from the apartment.

When she jumped into the car, Y/N called Emily to let her know she was on her way home finally. Emily hadn't answered the call, which wasn't unusual; Y/N assumed she was either cooking dinner or showering or, better yet, fast asleep on the sofa, in which case she knew she would join her.

Since the traffic from Quantico to the apartment had been virtually non-existent, Y/N had arrived home in record time. Parking in her usual spot, she turned off the engine and grabbed her belongings from the passenger seat. When she was two steps from the car, she turned back, grabbing as many travel mugs as she could carry. Both her and Emily always forgot to bring them in, and there was only one left in the cupboard, and they were essential for their morning coffee; Y/N knew Emily would fight her over who got to use it.

With a bounce in her step and her hands full, Y/N finally made it to the apartment. It was later than she would have liked, especially since most of the team had already been home over an hour, but she was happy to have an evening to relax.

"I'm home," she shouted as she entered the door. She kicked her shoes off, dumping her keys and the travel mugs on the side before she hung her jacket. Sergio came running down the hall and started purring at her feet. "Em?" she shouted once again when she didn't get an answer.

"In the kitchen!"

Y/N bent down to pick up the cat, kissing his head and scratching behind his ears as she walked down the hall. Before she could enter the kitchen, Sergio began to struggle in her arms, so she lowered him to the flood and grinned as he darted through the small gap in the open door.

As the scent of food wafted from the kitchen, Y/N took a deep breath and came to a complete stop as she opened the door. Emily stood in the kitchen with a bouquet of sunflowers and red roses in hand and a big smile on her face. The table to the left was lit up with candles and in the middle was an ice bucket with a bottle of Y/N's favourite wine.