Late Night Convenience store runs : [Fluff]

Xiao x GN!reader - Reincarnation(?)

}―――{

"Thank you. Come again."

At this point, Xiao couldn't care less about how nice he sounded. It was 3AM and he was tired, sometimes he really wondered why he applied for this job in the first place.

Another ring at the front door caused another sigh of exhaustion, the cold night air sending a small shiver through his spine. Not once glancing at whoever entered, he proceeded to stare out the window beside him.

He slowly, and reluctantly turned his head as the sound of rustling on the counter made itself apparent. He sighed, readying himself to deal with another annoying customer.

Looking up, he was greeted with packages but no one to pay for them. He was confused, to say the least, though his confusion cleared up when someone walked back and placed a few more things onto the counter.

"Hi"

Xiao looked around in confusion, was he hearing things or did something just talk to him..? He froze when he realized it was you who had just greeted him.

He gave you a confused look before pointing at his chest, silently asking if you were talking to him. "of course I'm talking to you, silly", he raised a brow before opening his mouth to answer.

"hi...I guess―", He responded awkwardly before taking some of the packages and sliding them across the scanner. "is that all..?", he asked and you stilled. Looking around the store one more time, your gaze quickly landed on a shelf at the back.

"ah..!"

You suddenly walked off, then came back with a medium sized plastic container in your hands.

"here, this is all"

Almond Tofu..?

Xiao took the box in his hands questioningly then carefully slid it across the scanner. "that'll be $17.42", He watched as you slid your backpack to one arm and searched for your wallet.

"uh―do you take credit cards..?", He gave you a quick nod before grabbing the credit card machine on his right and sliding it towards you. "here.", you shot him a bright smile then slid the card through the machine.

Xiao, then proceeded to carefully place everything you bought into a small plastic bag.

"oh―you don't need to put that in the bag", Xiao looked at you in slight confusion before putting the box of almond tofu back onto the counter.