Rainy day : [Fluff]

Xiao x GenderNeutral!reader - Highschool AU

}―――{

The sound of the raindrops hitting the window beside you was one of the most relaxing sounds you had heard in awhile. You stared at the clear glass your chin in your palm, your eyes followed the raindrops as they dripped further down the window.

As if nothing else mattered, you simply sat at your desk, caring little about your current class. History never seemed to pique your interest anyways.

The sound of the bell ringing fell deaf to your ears. You were stilled at your desk while the rest of your classmates left for their club activities or back to their homes. A knock on your classroom door snapped you out of your thoughts, as you turned your head to face the entrance of your classroom.

It was Xiao, he slowly strided towards you who was sitting at the back of the classroom.

You greeted him with a subtle smile as he sat in the desk infront of you. Not even bothering to turn the chair around so it was facing you. "what are you doing?" he asked resting his head on his forearms as he peered up at you.

'admiring the rain' you answered, lowering your head to imitate his position, meeting his piercing gaze. "why are you here anyways?" you questioned, tucking a few loose strands of hair behind your ear.

His face was not one of amusement but of slight annoyance. "I was waiting for you at the front of the school.." he grumbled, looking away from you to hide the slight tint of pink on his cheeks. Your eyes widened at his statement as you realized that you were supposed to walk home together.

"RIGHT― i'm so sorry!" your emotionless tone turning into one of guilt as you stood up and slammed your hands onto your desk, startling the boy beneath you.

"..it's fine." he mumbled under his breath while looking to the side, avoiding your guilt filled gaze.

You stood up and quickly grabbed his forearm and pulled him out of his seat. A puzzled expression washed over is face as he followed behind you. "..where...are you taking me?"

"we're walking home together right?" you asked stopping in your tracks and turning to face him, anticipating him to confirm your statement. He stared at you for a bit before answering in a a quiet whisper, "I guess.."

"great!" you grinned and continued your way to the school entrance.

―――

"geez.."

The two of you stood under the doors of the school as you stared up at the lifeless sky, "the rain isn't stopping anytime soon, is it.." Xiao nodded in agreement as he eyed your disappointed expression from the side. Then it hit him, "did you...forget to bring an umbrella?"