6

Luke

Saturdays are literally so boring. Most of the time I'm hanging out with Sawyer or Ben or someone from the footy team or cheer squad.

But today, I'm not even getting out of bed because I have this gut feeling that mum is catching on to me. And I don't want to answer six million questions today.

My radio was playing Good Charlotte, which was awesome, and I had my phone sitting on my face, waiting for someone, anyone, to text me and save me from this misery. Ding! May god bless you, Ashton.

From Ash:

You wanna hang for a bit today? I'm covering for Lauren going on a date so...

To Ash:

Sure :-) when and where?

From Ash:

Idk you pick

To Ash:

Where is Lauren going?

From Ash:

Shopping with her bf

To Ash:

There's a cinema near the shopping centre right? Movies?

From Ash:

Ok I'll be there around 3

To Ash:

Same

Lazily, I ninja rolled out of bed and crawled over to my closet. I picked out a pair of ripped in the knees black skinny jeans, black converse, a Green Day t-shirt and a plaid thrown over it.

I styled my hair and brushed my teeth before slowly creeping out the door and into the hallway. No one was out there.

I'm not sneaking out. Nope. I'm simply hoping no one sees me, because if they do I'm going to have to lie to them and say I'm going to see Sarah or something.

I tip toed down the hallway and down the stairs, halting quickly and slowly backing away when I saw mum's back. She was standing by the door, talking on the phone with her back to the stairs. Shit.

She turned around and saw me. Damn it.

"Sorry Karen, I have to go." She said quickly and hanging up.

"Luke! There you are, I was starting to think you were sick or something." She said in a sickly sweet voice. Uh oh. "No mum I'm fine." I replied. She smiled. "Good. Where are you off to today?" She asked. I shrugged. "I dunno. Out."

She crossed her arms, unconvinced. "Luke Robert, tell me where you're going."

"Mum why do you care? You've never cared so much about where I was before!" I complained. "I'm just being more cautious."

"Well you don't need to. I'm a big boy."

She sighed. "I know, I'm sorry. Karen was just telling me how Michael's girlfriend might be pregnant and I guess I'm a little paranoid. Are you going to Sarah's house?" She asked. I shook my head. "No, I told you that was over a while ago. I'm just going to hang out with a friend." I said, smiling innocently.

"A friend? Who?"

"Ashton."

"The boy who was here last night?"

"Yeah."

"Be careful around him Luke. I'm not saying you can't be friends, but I've been hearing things about him." Mum warned. "Hearing things? Like what?" I asked curiously. She raised her eyebrows and leaned in like she was going to tell me a secret. "That he's homosexual." She whispered. "And?" I demanded, growing angry.

"I'm just saying, you are a very good looking boy, don't be surprised if he tries something on you."

"Okay, can I go now? You're being ridiculous." I said before brushing past her and out the door. "Homosexual." I muttered to myself, getting in my car. She couldn't even say the word gay. Hello, we're in the twenty first century, mum!

I drove quickly to the cinema, mum's interrogation held me up.

When I had arrived and parked my car in the car park, I got out and looked around. A brown high pony tail and a mop of shaggy blonde told me that Lauren and Martin were just about to enter the shopping centre. My eyes wandered over to the bench outside. Ashton was seated on it, looking around dully.

I jogged over and smiled at him. "Hey Ash. You ready?" I asked. He grinned back. "Yeah."