3

Ashton

Why did I invite Luke to my house?

I have no clue. What happened to me? Mum is going to kill me if she finds out! And dad... this is a really bad idea.

Lauren has the room next to mine and the walls are paper thin. Believe me, I've heard her and her boyfriend Martin making out in there. At least I hope that's all they're doing... Lauren is 14!

I was laying on my bed, staring at the ceiling and trying to think of a valid excuse to have Luke here. We're working on a project? No, no one would buy it. We're so busted.

Just them, my phone buzzed with a Facebook message.

From Luke Hemmings

Look outside

I dropped my phone and opened my window, sticking my head outside. "Luke?" I whisper yelled. "Down here." He replied.

I crawled out onto the roof and looked down into the side yard. Luke was standing there, looking up at me. "Can you, like, come down or something?" He asked. "Uh... yeah sure. Give me a minute. Ten minutes tops." I said and disappeared back into my room.

I changed into PJ pants and walked downstairs, got a glass of water. "I'm going to bed." I said miserably.

My mum just glared at me. Okay then. She won't be bothering me.

I went back upstairs and knocked on Lauren's door. She opened it and gave me an impatient look. "W-why is your bra showing and why is your hair so messed up?" I asked. She blushed. "Don't tell mum, okay?" She whispered. I nodded warily and she opened her door enough to show Martin sitting on her bed. "Oh. Okay. Use protection. I'm going out. Don't tell mum or I'll bust you." I said.

She nodded and slammed the door in my face.

I ran back to my room, put my jeans back on a threw a hoodie over it. Then I climbed out the window, closing it till an inch was left and climbed over to the edge of the roof. Luke was still standing there, looking scared as hell of being caught.

"How far is the drop?" I asked. "Uh... about 15 feet." He said warily. "Shit. Okay um..." I let my voice trail off. "Just shimmy down the pole." He suggested. There was a flag pole about 5 feet off the edge of the roof.

I crawled over there and swung my feet over the edge. My feet barely touched the pole when I stretched. "Just jump." Luke said impatiently. I took a deep breath and jumped, reaching for the pole.

I grabbed it and wrapped my legs around it, then loosened my grip so I slid down easily and landed on my feet.

I rolled my eyes and walked over to him. "Do you have a car?"

"Duh, I'm Luke Hemmings." He replied haughtily. "Okay whatever." I said and laughed. We walked to his car, which he smartly parked three houses away.

"Where do you want to go?" I asked. "How about... the park? No one will be there at this time." He suggested. I nodded and got into the passenger side of the car.

It was only about 9pm but still, it was dark and no one in their right mind would be at the town park.

"So... what do you want to talk about?" I asked once we had gotten to the park. Luke shrugged and looked at the ground. "It's complicated." He said quietly. I laughed. "Luke, my whole life is complicated." I said.

He nodded. "I know. And I guess I'm the reason for that, right?" He said. "In some ways more than others." I said. "What's that supposed to mean?" He asked. "Uh... well you torture me at school and... I wish things could be different." I explained.

"Different? How so?"

I shrugged, knowing the answer but not wanting to say it. "Oh. I sort of have something to tell you." He admitted. "What is it?" I asked.

Does he...? No. He can't like me. I mean I'm just me. I'm nothing special.

"You're different then any other person I've ever met. I actually think I've felt this way all along but I just recently accepted it..." He let his voice trail off. "What are you talking about? Feel like what?" I asked, trying not to breathe too hard.

He looked at me for a long time. "Like we're supposed to be more than friends." He said finally. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that, I don't know why I did. I must be losing my mind." He said quickly, tugging at his hair. "Luke, it's okay." I said softly. "It is?"

"Of course. God knows how long I've liked you." I laughed. He smiled, showing those perfect pearly whites. "You like me? But... I've been so mean to you all this time." He pointed out. I shrugged. "People can be forgiven with time." I said.

He nodded.

"I suppose it would be totally off the wall if I kissed you right now, wouldn't it?" Luke asked quietly. My heart leapt up to my throat. "No... it wouldn't." I said. His face lit up. "Really?"

I shook my head and grinned.

I really want him to kiss me.

Will he kiss me? Let's pray he does.

He leaned into me and placed a sweet, short, dizzying kiss on my mouth, leaving me wanting more. Oh my god. "No wonder why all the girls are crazy about you." I whispered. He blushed and looked down. "Can I kiss you again?" He asked.

"I don't have a problem with it."

This time, he came right up next to me, placed one hand on my right cheek and the other on my left and leaned in, giving me a real kiss that made me swoon. He bit my lip lightly, making me moan. He took advantage of the opportunity and slipped his tongue into my mouth.

It felt like hours. We just stood there, making out. If someone from school were to walk by right now, we'd be so dead.

Finally, I pulled away and smiled at him. "I really, really like you." I whispered. "I really like you to." He replied instantly.

"Can I have your number?" He asked. I nodded and handed him my phone.

He tapped his number into my contacts and took a selfie for the contact photo. "Here." He handed me his phone and expected me to do the same. So I did.

Then he slipped his hand into mine and we walked back to his car. "I should probably get back before Lauren tells my mum." I said quietly. "Lauren?"

"My little sister." I explained. "Oh... wait is she the one with brown hair and green eyes? Dating uh... what's his face, Martin?" Luke asked. "Yeah that's her." I said and sighed. "Oh. I know her." He said. I gave him a weird look. "Parties." He explained. I nodded and looked out the window.

We pulled up to my neighbour's house and I was about to get out. "Wait. Ashton wait." Luke said and grabbed my hand. I sat back down and looked at him. "I just wanted to say that whatever happens at school from now on doesn't matter. It doesn't mean anything, okay? I like you. That's all you need to know. This," he motioned between us. "Just has to stay a secret for now. Okay? I'm sorry." He explained. I nodded. "I understand. We'll tell people when you're ready." I agreed. He smiled softly. "Thank you."

I leaned over and kissed his cheek before getting out and walking back to my house. Now how to get back up there... I pulled a chair from the patio over to the side porch and climbed on top of it. My head just reached over the top of the roof.

Oh god.

I clawed the roofing and clambered my way up there, crawled over to my window and opened it, landing on my floor.

Quickly, I changed and knocked on Lauren's door. No answer. I cracked it opened and peeked inside. Her and Martin were curled up together on her bed, asleep. That's too cute. But if mum catches them she's so grounded and she might tell mum about what I did so... sorry Martin.

I poked Lauren's face and she immediately woke up, looking around frantically. "What do you want?" She whispered. "He's got to go home. If mum catches you, we're both dead." I pointed out. She nodded and shooed me out.

As soon as I was out the door, I paused to listen. "Martin... Martin. Wake up. You have to go now." I sighed with relief and retreated back to my room, falling on my bed and passing out immediately.