11

Ashton

The doctor said I was on suicide watch, even though I tried explaining to them that I really was okay, and that I wouldn't try it again. They didn't believe me.

Luke came to visit me every day for the entire two weeks I was there, and he'd bring Lauren and Harry when he could. I was grateful.

I was grateful because I have the best boyfriend in the entire world, and two forgiving little siblings that accept me for who I am, even it meant a scare for them to do it.

I was getting better by the day. My depressing thoughts slipped away and were replaced by thoughts of love, laughter and life. Thoughts I've never really had or felt before.

When I was released from the hospital, Luke was the one to pick me up.

"Hey babe." He whispered in my ear when he hugged me. "Hi." I replied, smiling like an idiot.

"Ready to go home?" He asked. I shrugged and shuffled my feet. "I guess." He grabbed my arm and tugged me to his car.

"Come on."

We walked hand in hand to his car, and on the way home, he played Green Day just for me. Because he knew it was my favourite band and they always put me in a good mood.

I was confused at first when we didn't turn onto my street. "Um Luke, you just passed my house." I said shyly. He just looked at me and grinned.

"We're not going there."

"We're not?"

"Nope." He laughed.

Luke took us to his house-a place I had never dreamed of coming to voluntarily, a month ago. Huh. Who would've thought?

"What are we doing here?" I asked. "You're staying with me. At least until school is over and we turn 18. Then I was thinking we could get our own place in the city somewhere. Is that okay?" Luke replied.

"Wait what? I'm going to live with you for the next three months? Are you sure?" I asked, bewildered. "Well yeah. Do you want to? I just thought you wouldn't want to go back to your parents' house."

I grinned and nodded. "Hell yes I want to. Stay here, I mean. Thanks Luke."

He nodded and returned my cheerful smile.

"Are you sure your parents are cool with this?" I asked. "Yeah, but I was planning on telling them about us. 'Cause they're bound to find out soon enough." He said softly.

"Oh. Alright."

We entered Luke's house and immediately his mum enveloped each of us into a hug.

"Ashton honey, it's so good to see you again. You can ask me for anything, alright? Just hunt me down." She said, smiling.

"Okay, thanks Mrs. Hemmings." I said politely.

She waved her hand at me. "Oh please, call me Liz."

"Sure. Thank you Liz." She smiled and padded off into the kitchen.

Luke just shrugged and motioned for me to go upstairs. He followed closely as we walked to his room, where I've been but once before.

"So I was thinking, you can either crash in my bed and I'll sleep on the couch or we can share my bed." He piped up, blushing.

"I don't mind sharing." I replied. He smiled shyly. "Okay."

We lay in his bed and watched Water For Elephants until Liz called us down for dinner.

She had made us steak that was absolutely delicious, with vegetables and cookies for desert. If I live here for the next three months, I might get fat from all this good food. My mum was never a feeder.

"So Ashton, tell me about yourself. What do you like to do?" Luke's dad, Andrew was asking.

"Well I like music, a lot. I play drums. I used to swim and win most of my races but I don't anymore because it was becoming too hectic and competitive for my liking. Now the smell makes me sick. I like football as much as the next person. There's not much to me, Mr. Hemmings."

"Ah. And what kind of music do you like?"

"Dad." Luke interrupted. "Not now, Luke."

He shot me a sympathetic look which I ignored. "Growing up I listened to classic rock. Now I like pretty much all kinds. Some favourites are Green Day, Nirvana and the Romones."

Luke's father smiled fondly at all the bands I had just listed. "You've got good taste. If you like, there's a whole collection of vinyls in the lounge room. Luke has a record player in his room."

"Thank you Mr. Hemmings." I said politely. "Andrew!" He corrected me with a laugh.

"Luke, where did you find a friend with such good manners?" He asked.

Luke shrugged and smile at me. "He's a lucky find."

"That he is." Liz murmured, watching us closely.

"May we be excused?" Luke asked hastily, all cheeriness gone from his voice. "Sure sweetie." His mum replied quickly.

We got up from the table and rushed upstairs.

"I'm so sorry, that was so awkward." Luke apologised, blushing. "It was fine. Your family is nice."

"Just don't diss my dad's surfing. I made that mistake too many times." He warned. "Noted."

We entered Luke's room and flopped onto his bed. "Wanna watch a movie?" Luke asked.

"Sure."

"Any requests?"

"Uh, no. I'll be okay with anything you choose." I said passively. "Alright then. Is Jurassic Park okay?"

"That's fine." I agreed and smiled at him.

God he was so attractive. Those blue eyes pulled me in, and his ruffled blond hair. The way he bit his lip ring when he was nervous or trying to be seductive. It amazes me that he can sing so well.

"Luke, when did you learn to play guitar?" I asked randomly.

"Uh. I was about ten, I think. My brother taught me. I fell in love with it." He explained.

"That's really cool, that your brothers get along with you." I mused aloud.

"I mean Jack is okay. Ben's sort of a dick though." He admitted. "Oh. Do you have sisters?"

He shook his head and then nodded. "Celeste is Jack's fiancée so she's sort of a sister to me. And Ben's new girlfriend. She's really nice and I think she's the one for him."

"That's nice. I wish my family was like that."

"Like what?"

"All nice and close. My mum hates me, and my stepdad is really passive. Harry's been brainwashed by them and you know how Lauren is."

Oh poor Ashton

This chapter was really boring, I thought

I'll update again soon :)

Vote, comment and followwww