㉘Is That The Only Reason?

Hoseok plodded towards the kitchen, still trying to kickstart his mind from his sleeping status. He arched his chest and stretched his arms over his head as he yawned, a sonorous sound that traveled through the entire house.

Once he reopened his eyes, they fell on the French doors, and he blinked as he stopped in his tracks. “Again?” he murmured to himself as he stared at Jeongguk and Taehyung sleeping in a seated position with the latter’s head resting on the other’s shoulder. “They’re cute, though.” A soft smile swept across his face as he approached the two, still cooing over them.

After the intense events that took place five days ago, the two boys had been talking and interacting more as if they knew each other for years. Although their bickering didn’t stop completely, it was more lighthearted and always ended with lots of laughs unlike before.

And since that day, they sat every night in front of the French doors and drank a beer together while chatting or simply enjoying the silence side by side.

“What are you doing?” Yoongi asked as he trod closer, and he snorted the moment he spotted the two boys. “Again?”

“Yeah. They’re cute, aren’t they?”

“They’re stupid. They’re gonna catch a cold if they keep sleeping on the floor.”

“I’m sure they just fell asleep again. Relax.” Hoseok gave his shoulder a tap and then headed to the kitchen.

“Make coffee for me too, please.” Yoongi perched on the couch and reached for the remote control.

“Okay. And throw the blanket over them.”

Yoongi grabbed the blanket, but before he covered them, he broke into a smile as he espied Taehyung holding his hand. “You’re both dumb and oblivious,” he whispered, choking back a snicker, and he carefully placed the blanket over them.

It didn’t take long for Hoseok to join him in the living room, and they spent a while relishing their coffee, watching whatever was on TV, bantering, and often glancing at the other two for no reason at all.

A mellow hum left Taehyung’s pouty lips as he nuzzled closer to the heat beside him, too sleepy to comprehend what it was. He extended his hand and clutched his supposed pillow, but he grimaced as he couldn’t move it closer to him. Why is this so heavy? He questioned in his drunk with sleep mind as he pulled harder in vain.

A few muffled chuckles infiltrated his ears, and he cracked an eye open to inspect. He took in a blurry image of Yoongi and Hoseok gazing at him while trying to control their laughter, and he was ready to question them when the realization of what he was holding thundered down on him.

He wasn’t embarrassed because he was sleeping next to Jeongguk or because he tried to hug him. He always had this habit of hugging something in his sleep, so it was normal for him. He was downright embarrassed because this time, he was caught.

“It’s not what it looks like,” he spouted off as he jerked away from the other, his voice hoarse.

“How do you think it looks like?” Hoseok asked with a smirk as he tilted his head to the side.

“I don’t know. Weird?”

“It’s not weird. You just wanted to hug him. It’s cute.”

“Yah! I thought he was my pillow, okay?” he whisper-yelled, for some reason annoyed by Hoseok’s comment.

“Don’t be so embarrassed. Hug him all you want. He’s a heavy sleeper, so even if you move him, he won’t wake up,” Yoongi said with an indifferent shrug.