07 | You should Go

Tae wakes and has to think for a moment and then remembers the car crash that was the previous night. He sighs a long sigh when he remembers what a disaster it was. He rolls over, but he's alone in the bed. He checks his phone, it's already midday. Jungkook must be downstairs.

He gets up to use the bathroom and checks himself in the mirror, he really is a bit of a mess. It's a good thing his play is a period piece that has him dressed in a high collar the whole time.

He runs over the events of the previous night in his mind. He was so shocked at Kookie's behaviour, but he understands now where it came from.

He wishes that he could turn back the clock and warn Jungkook about the ways of the theatre world. He's so used to them himself, he's been immersed in it for so long; most of his friends are actors and his ex as well. It never occurred to him to mention it. He'd forgotten how it might seem to someone who's not used to it; everyone being so touchy, kissing and hugging all the time. It seems normal to him, but he can see now, through Kookie's eyes it must have been overwhelming.

At the party he could have made an effort to include Kookie more. He was enjoying himself and Kookie was being sulky and he had just let him be, in truth he had been a bit cross at his storming off like that.

And in the car, he was so full of adrenaline after the performance and party, so focussed on himself, he hadn't noticed how Kookie's mood had changed. All the signs were there. If only they could have talked about it then. But it's always easy with hindsight.

He hopes this will not affect their relationship long term. Kookie was obviously devastated by his own actions, that much was clear last night. And calling Kookie an abuser, that was uncalled for, he knew he wasn't. He'd said it for effect in the heat of the moment, that was his dramatic side coming out, but Kookie's face when he said it, he looked so shocked. Now that he thinks about it, it breaks his heart.

He'll have to reassure him this morning, not that what he did was acceptable, it wasn't, but that he understands and trusts that Kookie won't do it again. They need to move past this and promise each other to talk things through before that sort of pressure builds up again. They are both extremely passionate people and that can sometimes be an explosive combination.

They didn't make love last night, it wasn't the time after what happened, and besides they were both exhausted, but now he wants to have that connection with Kookie, to show him that he trusts him, to reaffirm their bond.

Tae takes a deep breath and goes to find Jungkook.

*****

Jungkook is in the kitchen, busy making lunch

Jungkook is in the kitchen, busy making lunch. He looks up when he hears Tae.

    'You're awake. I left you to sleep, I thought you'd need it.'