*Chapter 18*

The next morning, I stretch out and feel the soreness in my lower body. Mahmud wore me out last night.
I turn to the side and glance at the clock sitting on the bedside drawer. It's already 11 am, I turn around and Mahmud is nowhere to be found so I got up and entered the bathroom to brush my teeth and washed my face. I came back to the room and changed my cloth and went downstairs... OMG, that smells nice.
"Baby what are you cooking"... I asked
"chicken Bacon, scrambled eggs and a toast of bread smeared with strawberry syrup and orange juice. Good morning love"... he smiled
"Morning, how are you feeling"... I asked
"Am fine now, am ok... hope you slept well"...
"I sure did, but am sore baby"... I managed to say
"Don't worry after eating I will bathe you and give you a good massage. Will that work?"...
"Aww baby, thank you. I love you so much"... I nod
"I love you too love"...

Three weeks later
I slowly open my eyes then squint them, adjusting to the white light in the room. Everything feels hurt am in a lot of pain. Readjusting my sight I look up and saw Mahmud sitting down in a corner.
"Baby"... I try to sit on the bed but I feel a rather strange pain in my abdomen, my elbow, and back. Every part of my body hurt. Mahmud is quick to place his hand on my shoulder. "Lay back, babe you should rest"... he soothes as I lay back on the bed.
"Let me call the doctor and everyone".. Mahmud says. I just nod my head, the last thing I can remember was falling from the staircase.
This morning Mahmud went to work very early, I've been sleeping because I was having a slight headache so I didn't wake up early and when I did. I went downstairs to have breakfast, on my way down I felt dizzy and missed a step and fell. That was the last thing I can remember.
"Aunty Fadila how are you feeling now?".. Ilham asked when they all walked inside the hospital room.
"Am fine Ilham, thank you"... I managed to say. As they sat down on the sofa except for Ismail and daddy that were not present.
"You wicked witch. how could you, how could you stood so low to kill my grandchild? What wrong has Mahmud done to you?.. he gives you everything you ever wanted. I told him you are no good to him but he refused to listen"... Mahmud's mother shouted
"Mummy I didn't do anything"
"Keep quiet you slut. I know you are up to no good, you are only after my son's money that you decided to abort my grandchild by falling from the stairs"...she blasts
"No mummy, I swear it was not on purpose"... I try to defend myself
"Keep shut, get up you're leaving my son's life for good today".. mummy was now dragging me from the bed. I was crying begging her to stop she was hurting me. Ilham and ilhan were begging her too to let me go but she wasn't listening to any of us.
"Babe, the doctor is co.... mummy what the hell is happening here. Leave my wife alone why are you dragging her?"...Mahmud walks in
"Can't you see Mahmud. She fell on purpose because she doesn't want to have any child with you. She is a witch"...
"No baby, it's not true I swear I didn't do it on purpose. I didn't even know I was pregnant"...I cried out
"I know babe. Stop swearing"...
"It's a lie, she's a woman why would she say she didn't know she was pregnant"...
"Ma'am it's possible. She was only two weeks pregnant and it's her first pregnancy"... the doctor walks In and speaks up
"Mummy I think you should leave now"... Mahmud say
"Ooh I see you are sending me away because of this witch huh?.. fine you will come back looking for me. Ilham, ilhan let go"...and she left
"Mrs. Mahmud how are you feeling now"... the doctor asked
"Am fine but I feel pains in my abdomen, elbow, and back"... I replied
"Sorry for that. The pain in your abdomen and back is because of the miscarriage you had and the one in your elbow is from hitting your elbow when you fell but you will be ok soon"...
"Ok, thank you doc"...I nod
"You're welcome... I" ve some patients to attend to. I'll check you later"...
I attempt to get out of the bed but I whimper in pain my stomach hurts a lot and I can't stand on my feet.
"What are you doing"... Mahmud asked
"I want to talk to you"... I manage to say
"Ok but you shouldn't get up".. he says
"Ok, can you come closer please"... he came closer and sat on the bed close to me.
"Baby wallahi (I swear) I didn't do it intentionally... I di...
"Shh... it's ok Fadila. I know you will never do something like that"... Mahmud cuts me off given me a reassuring smile and hugging me tightly.
"Thank you so much for believing me"...he brought my head closer and kiss me on my forehead
"I will always believe in you I promise"...
"But baby for how long have I passed out?"...I asked
"A couple of hours ago"... he replied
"How did you even found out when you were at work"... I asked again
"There are CCTV cameras everywhere and I was less busy so I decided to call you and check if you were awake but you aren't answering, so I switch on the control button on my office desktop to see what you were doing. That was how I found you lying on the floor, cover in blood. I had to rush to the house to take you to the hospital"... he explained.
"Oh ok... thank you so much did my family know about this?"...I asked
"No love, I was so confused and focused on you that I forgot to tell your family about it. But I'll do just that now"...
"Don't worry it's fine, I also don't want them to know cause they will get worried and mama will be heartbroken"... I said sadly
"Babe, uhmm there is something I also want to tell you"...
"What's it?"... I asked

Author's note
Hey guys, what do you think Mahmud wants to tell Fadila cause it sounds like something is not right, it sounds serious?...
Do you think what Mahmud's mother did was right?...
What do you think of Mahmud and fadila's love story?...
Do you also think Fadila is after Mahmud's money?...
Let all hear your comment guys!! It means a lot to me guys and don't forget to add this story to your library and reading list and also vote.
Love, dailymail1