~Chapter 24~

Next week
  Today is Tuesday and it's my CDS. I hate going for the crop membership volunteer and it's compulsory for all crop members, thank God I feel much better now unlike the last few days. I've been sick so I have not been going to work, The last time I went out was last week Tuesday that was also my CDS.

Flashback
  That day when I was done with my CDS I called Mahmud but his phone was switched off and the driver was with mummy, while the other driver was out of town for an errand. There was no one to call and there was this man that has been following me in his car, he has been talking to me but I refused to answer cause I was sacred and my CDS office is far from the main town, It seems like he is also in my CDS group. That was when my life savior Mahmud's brother drove in my direction with his car and I got inside the car.
  He told me he was coming back from a friend's house when he saw me and a guy chasing me. I was so happy he came at the right time before the guy would do anything to me... end of flashback

   "Babe am leaving, I've called Hassan (driver) to come and drop you off at your CDS, He will be here any moment. I'm out of time and I have a lot to do at the office before 9" Mahmud said
   "Ok love, am almost done dressing too. Take care. I love you"... I replied
   "I love you too, make sure you call me when you are done with your CDS. I will come to pick you up myself"
   "Ok"...
   "And please don't stress yourself, mwah... He pecked me before leaving.

Some hours later
  Am done with my CDS and I've been calling Mahmud but he is not picking and Hassan's number is not reachable too. What is wrong with them, I've been standing here for God knows how long, Am tired and hungry. And it's about to rain. The sky looks dark and it's drizzling heavily.
  OMG, what should I do? My life savior (Ismail) is out of town, he went to kano to represent daddy at a wedding. What a tough day.
   "Hello, I see you are waiting for your driver or brother?"... A man asked. I turn around and it was the same man that was following me last week Tuesday.
   "Hey, yes am waiting for someone"... I said
   "I can drop you off to where you're going you know"... he said
   "No, don't worry am fine. The person that is coming to pick me will be here soon"
   "And how do you know if he is close, it's raining and you're already soaked and shivering. I can drop you to your destination, I promise"... he insisted
   "Don't worry, am fine"... I replied
   "I don't bite pretty, you gonna catch a cold if you keep on standing here and that won't look good to you"... he tries to convince me
   "Ok fine. Thank you so much"... I said and I got inside the car and sit in the passenger's seat. The whole ride was silent just listening to the music playing from the radio.
   "There is a black coat in the back seat, you can use it and cover yourself. You're shivering"... he said
   "Ok thank you. I turn around and took the coat and put it around my shoulder.
   "Uhmm, what's your name please?"... I asked
   "Usman and yours?"...
   "Fadila"... I replied
   "Sorry I didn't ask you the address of where you are going"... he said
   "Ooh yea, Murtala Muhammad way, street no 4 house 6
   "Ok"... he smiled. He is kind... thank God he helped me I thought he was a bad person.
   "We are here"... he said as he parked in front of our gate. By the time we got home the rain has already subsided.
   "Ok"... we got out of the car together, thank you so much. I appreciate"... I smiled
   "No don't mention"...
  I was handing him his coat when Mahmud came out of the house with an angry face. He dragged me close to him in an aggressive manner.
   "Salama'alaikum"... Usman says as he extended his hand to Mahmud but Mahmud refused to answer him or shake him...
   "And who the hell is this Fadila?"... Mahmud asked
   "Uhmm"... I was now shaking I didn't know what to say
   "Anyway I don't want to know, get inside the fucking house now"... he shouted
   "Sir, don't be angry I'm just... Mahmud cut usman up. "Am I talking to you? Mind your damn business and leave my house"...
   "Uhmm, Usman please leave. And thank you for the ride"... I manage to say
   "No Fadila. Let me make him understand before he does something bad to you"... Usman says
   "Do something bad to her?.. I see who the hell are you to say that, Mahmud was now coming closer to Usman. He was about to hit him when I entered in between them.
   "Usman just go please"... I shouted to him. And he entered his car and left.
  Mahmud dragged me inside the house with force. We entered our room and he threw me on the bed.
   "Baby you are hurting me"... I say when I stood up, I went close to him he was backing me.
   "Baby is not what you think I swear"...
   "Then what is it huh?"...he asked
   "I was stranded and he helped me with a ride, that all"... I defended myself
   "Don't give me that, fadila. Don't lie to me"... he said
   "Wallahi (I swear) am not lying. Please baby believe me"...
   "Keep quiet Fadila, how could you. My mum was right when she said you were only after my money"...
   "No baby, please"...
   "After everything, I did to you. What is it you want?... is he richer than me, does he make you happy more than I do, or is he better than me on the bed?"...
   "No baby, please don't say so".. I don't even know him. This is the first time am talking to him"... I cried out