18

The police are still here, checking the cctv and tracking the finger prints they left on the gate. Their wrong of attacking is, they didn't check if it was just a normal house of a police or there are a lot of secret cameras planted outside.

"A-cheng, where will you stay tonight?" Jiang Yanli concernly asked as she look at Jiang Cheng. "I'll stay in my partner's house, I'm sure, I'll be safe there" Jiang Cheng answered calmly yet fiercely.

"Jiang Cheng, take everything you might needed" Jiang Cheng smile as he made his way to the guns. He took the big bag that was secure under the shelf. And then he started packing his gun there. "This guns are all my collection, everything is my favorite, I sometimes used this in my missions." He told Lan Xichen

Lan Xichen just smile and help him packing. "I'll pack this, You go pack your clothes" Lan Xichen said and Jiang Cheng just nodded.

"Agent Jiang, can we talk for a second?" Jiang Yanli followed the police officer to the cctv room and showed her everything happened earlier.

"We've heard from officer Jiang earlier that this might the gang whom they have fight with, earlier. But they doesn't have any sun tattoo like what officer Jiang describe. If we look closer, they are not just a simple group, they are here for your parents and they might come back for you and your siblings, as well as your husband and children" The police officer explain to her as he zoom the video taken earlier in the cctv.

"Agent Jiang, I suggest you to have an undercover police officers to stay on guard. It will be too dangerous if you let your guard down" he added and look over to Jiang Yanli

Jiang Yanli stayed silent for a second before she nodded. "Do you know, at least one of the men who attack us earlier?" Jiang Yanli asked

She is actually a secret agent, as well as Jin Zixuan but sometimes, agents need a protection of a police or bodyguard.

They cannot just fight without anyone's help, I mean there's too many of them and they have to protect their family. "All we know is that this gang is under someone you know or you've encounter before." the police answered as he stood up and bow before he leaves.

"What else could I do when I don't even know the group he is talking about?" Jiang Yanli deeply sighed and worried that they are no longer safe.

World was never safe, someone has to sacrifice to save someone important to them but sometimes, peoples are selfish. Peoples who only think of their own. In this world, you'll get confuse of whom you should believe. It will end to the point that your trust will slowly fade, that you can't even trust yourself anymore.

-------------

Two days after the incident and now is today's Jiang Cheng's parents funeral. The police saluted with all their respect to their chief. The other police department also come to see them in their last day.

"This is not what I've wanted from the start when I ignore you two. I only wanted to make you realize that I'm not a kid anymore. But why did you leave me on my very own birthday? I swear, I will find the person who killed you" Jiang Cheng lowered his head.

After the ceremony, Jiang Cheng, together with Lan Xicheng, went to Jiang's mansion. Jiang Cheng and Lan Xichen entered Jiang Fengmian's study room and silently find the red book that his father is talking about. Until they have found a button in the drawer, so Jiang Cheng press it and the shelf move on it's own. Showing a door, they entered silently and slowly until they saw the red book that his father is talking about. They stayed there as they read what is written in there.

"I've investigated the Nightless City three years ago after my adoptive grandson died. The drug lord that my son put in jail wasn't the killer of his son. It was the new leader of Nightless city, Shen He Qiu. He killed the former leader, Wen Ruohan. Wen Chao and Wen Xu, together with Wen Zhuliu, are his slaves. He warned them not to do anything that might trigger him to kill them. Shen He Qiu is the son of Shen Peng, my greatest enemy. I've hide this information from FBI and from my co-workers for the better. This fight between my family and Shen family had nothing to do with anyone. Shen He Qiu has a sister, she's hiding somewhere or maybe she is just here, watching us from afar. The safeties of my family is unsecured. They can just approach my children as much as they want, without them knowing that the one who approach them aren't good people. Jiang family and Shen family had once had a good relationship but after the Lan family revealed the darkness behind the SW Corporation, Shen Peng hired the beggar gangs to kill the Lan Family but Shen Peng didn't know that the two sons of Madam Lan and Qingheng-jun are safe and alive. Same to Wei Wuxian's family. His father died, not because of accident but because he help Qingheng-jun saving his sons. While Cangse Sanren is missing, up until now." Jiang Fengmian said in the written letter and information.

[Name      : Shen Peng
Age           : 52 years old
Gender    : Male
Birthday : August 15, 1968
Address   : Unknown]

[Name      : Shen He Qiu
Age           : 27 years old
Gender    : Male
Birthday : September 7, 1993
Address   : Unknown]

[Name      : Shen Liuye
Age           : 25 years old
Gender    : Female
Birthday : January 29, 1995
Address   : Unknown]

[Name      : Madam Shen
Age           : 48 years old
Gender    : Female
Birthday : January 5, 1972
Address   : Unknown]

(PS : All this information aren't real, I just made it on my own)

"All the address are unknown, How am I going to find them?" Jiang Cheng asked and look over to Lan Xichen who is clenching his fist.

"It wasn't true that the beggar gang just want my family dead. They did that because they were hired by the Shen Family and now they want my brother because my brother knows where the information about their bad deeds that my father hides. It cause their downfall and it will cause their downfall again if that information will leak." Lan Xichen uttered as he smirk and his tears fell out of anger. Jiang Cheng rubbed his arms to calm him.

"We'll make them pay their mistakes, A mistakes that will lead them to hell" Jiang Cheng's calm and gentle eyes become bloody murderous. The way he stare at the book is like he's going to kill someone but is he really ready to lose his licence just to get the justice for his parents and for Lan Xichen's parents? are the two of them ready?

"I like this attitude of yours" Lan Xichen hoarsely replied as he wrapped his arms around Jiang Cheng's waist and kiss his nape. Jiang Cheng faintly moan at the sensation.

"Together, we'll get the justice for our parents" Jiang Cheng replied and turn to see Lan Xichen's face. Lan Xichen smile as he nodded to the younger.