Chapter 9

Chapter 9- Warning.

Jake's POV

I'm so screwed. That's all I got. I'm going soft and it's all her. I don't think about girls anymore it's just her. I don't want any girl now just her. I do however want to punch Robbie, multiple times. Paige and I were having some kind of moment, and he walked in and ruined it.  I'm so screwed. I'm jealous of her relatioship wth him, and I'm mad at myself for all of my shinanigans with girls. She is right, I do use girls, and I haven't ever even thought about there feelings. I just cared about my own pleasure. 

As I lay in my bed, replying what went down in the kitchen, I know I'm in for a bunch of shit. This morning, when I went to find Wyatt,  and tell him that I was going to go out and spend the day with my sisiter, he just laughed. I of course found him at his girlfriends dorm, and I woke them both up at 7:43 this morning. Jayla called me last night (Saturday night) and wanted to know if I would spend the day with her. I took her up on the offer, not wanting to sit in my room and sulk. I had a great day with her, and when I got back to school, it got even better. Cause when I walk in and I go the kitchen and see Paige it made me smile. Then we started talking. It was nice. Playful banter, and she kept with it, never once did she faulter. She wasn't scared to say any of it. Sleep I need sleep.

I wake up and do my normal morning routine, showering and all the works. Then I walk out the door grabbing a frozen Smuckers peanut butter and Jelly sandwhich things. I eat them frozen, I think they're better that way. Driving to the school, I get to drama just on time! As I walk in Mrs. Oliver tells everyone to get on stage where they need to be from the begining. They skip the songs this morning, and the practice continues going through the play up to the part where Paige comes in. They stop before she actually comes on.  I look for her, and I don't see her is she even here?

"Mr. Schroeder, where is Ms. Easton?" Mrs. Oliver asks, I lean back in my chair she isn't here. She didn't look sick last night, although she still could be sick. 

"She texted me saying something about seeing a te-"

"I'm so sorry Mrs. Oliver, I had Paige with me. We were discussing some stuff for class, I've kept her away from class this whole time." Mr. Parker opens a door from the back, and he and Paige appear. Paige's face is flushed, and her hair is slightly messed up. Mr. Parker is smiling and seems to be in a good mood. What happened? 

"Alright well, I need her now." she replies, and Mr. Parker salutes. Paige send him a quick glare and then walks down towards the stage. She hops up on the stage and the musical continues as if it hadn't stopped. Once Paige's scene is done she comes down and starts brushing through her hair with her fingers, trying to calm it down. I wonder what got it so wild to begin with. She eventually gives up, and puts it up into a messy bun.  

"Paige why were you late." Robbie asks, sitting next to her. I'm sitting three chairs down from them and I can hear everything they are saying. Mrs. Oliver is taking a quick break to talk to the five gospel godess girls about there songs. 

"Nothing important." She replies, pulling a pop tart from her bookbag. "What?" She asks. "Nothing bad, we just walked into each other when I got here, and he had to show me this model cannon he finished last night.  It blows a puff of air out and it's strong!"

"He couldn't have waited?" Robbie sighs. 

"I don't know Robbie." she sighs, and I see she is tired of his questions. I shake my head at him. He is pushing the friend boundaries. If he was her boyfriend then yeah his question would be okay, but he isn't.

"I'm sorry okay.. It's none of my business." He says, looking down at his play script. 

"It's fine.." She replies, and her eyes wonder around the auditorium. I look away, not wanting her to catch me looking. Once Mrs. Oliver starts up the practice again, it starts at the scene where Hades tell Meg to find Herecules weakness. Paige, is a good actress. Or maybe the part is just her. They both have good snappy comes backs thats for sure.  Mark the guy playing Hades, seems a bit out of it though, tired and sleepy. Paige is trying to get him more involved but, this is just not his morning apparently.  Once the bell rings for first period, I'm the first one out of the room. I'm just a light person and we don't have to do anything yet, so I just got to sit and watch. I stop at my locker and I decide to take my time I want to talk to Paige. Wyatt beats Paige here though, and he imediately jumps in a plan for a party tonight.