Chapter 24

Chapter 24- Jynxed

Paige's POV

"Don't worry, just be yourself my parents will love you." He says, putting the car in park. We're at his house now, and the car ride here wasn't long or boring. Jake and I had plenty to talk about. Now that I am here though, I'm scared shitless. I step out of the car before Jake can open the door for me, I don't want to seem helpless. "Seriously calm down. You've already meet Jayla and I we're the worst two." He says clsing the door for me. My mind wonders about his older brother, but I don't ask, maybe he just wont be here. 

"I'm fine." I say taking in a deep breath. I give him a small smile, and look back up at the house. Holy shit. I thought we had a nice house. This is like a small version of the white house! Back in a private part of the woods, with a huge fence and a gate to get in. A huge porch, with two swinging benches. In the yard, circular gardens and one of them has a marble fountain. "I feel like I'm meeting the president." I whisper as he leads me up the couple stairs.  He chuckles, reaching now for the handle to the front door. Then he stops, and he looks towards the garage area. I can physically see his body untense, and he roles his shoulders. He moves in close a minute kissing my cheek. I look at him with confusion, and then he winks and swings the door open. 

"What the hell took you two so long?" Jayla is the first thing I see looking inside. She road with us up here, and she got out of the car so fast you'd have thought it was on fire. She is already changed, into a light pink skirt with a rippled  black top. "You weren't doing to dir-"

"No." Jake interupts, sending her a look. "Remember mouth shut." he reminds her, and she roles her eyes, opening the door wider and gesturing inside. I step in taking in my surroundings. Yeah, this has to be a replica of the white house. Although I've never seen the white house... I imagine it looks like this. Beautiful entrance, with a grand stair case to the left and a little sit in room that might be the living room to your right. "Welcome to Lincoln Manor Paige." He sighs, putting his hands in his front pockets. I'm sure my mouth is touching the ground, but wow this is just the entrance to his house! 

"You're giving me a tour right?" I ask, without even looking at him. Now moving on the art on the walls, and the one marble statue by the stair case. I'm tempted to ask how much  this place cost to built, but I'm pretty sure that's not something I should ask. 

"If you want one." Jake answers. "We'll stop by the kitchen.. let my mom know we're here." He says. I nod, looking towards him finally. We talked about no holding hands in the car, so that is already figured out. I gesture for him to lead the way, and he waves to Jayla who goes the oposite way then us. I follow Jake as he tells me what rooms are what, and I look in awe. Still wondering about the price of all of this, but more importantly how long it all took to build! He stops in a arched entrance, and I can already smell the food. I take deep breath, his mother is in here! "Hi Mom!" Jake greets. 

"Ah Jake!" I her her voice, and I can't help but smile. She sounds like one of those stay at home moms who are the best people in the world. "It's nice to see you baby, how was grandma's?" 

"It was good." He replies, and my smile grows. She called him baby and he didn't say anything. "We picked up a straggler." he replies.

"Oh..?" She sounds confused. "Oh!" She says, and I hear noises come from the kitchen. I take another deep breath, and step around Jake. Her eyes goes from Jake to me and then back to Jake and back to me. They stop on me. Oh shit. "Why you're beautiful." she says wiping her hands on her apron. 

"Thank you." I say, glancing at Jake. Gosh what should I say? "The food smiles amazing." I say, taking a quick sniff. It really does smell great. 

"Well thank you!" She smiles walking towards us. Her eyes taking me in, I think she is trying to see if I'm aprovable. It's making me nervous. What if she hates me? "Gosh you're very pretty." She says whiping her eyes at Jake, and back at me. What was that?