𝐍𝐄𝐖𝐒 | 11

A trip to Hawaii is probably the only thing that will compensate me for handling your bullshit.

- Park Seonghwa, conversation with Song Mingi

♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

The moment San opened the studio's door, Seonghwa knew something was up. The atmosphere was tenser than usual, Mingi's tone more constricted than the norm, and after sharing a glance with his boyfriend, the one and only Kim Hongjoong, he made up his mind. Something was definitely up. If it were someone unknown, they'd probably think everything was perfect, with Mingi's bright smile cascading all possibilities of negativity away. But this is Seonghwa, Hongjoong, and San he's trying to fool; the three people that knew him best. No way Seonghwa was leaving the room without an explanation, and judging from Hongjoong and San, they weren't either.

"Hope you don't mind us interrupting your existential crisis," Hongjoong said cooly once the trio entered the studio, closing the door behind him. Seonghwa took the chance to grasp his hand and softly caress it with his thumb. "Do invite us next time."

Mingi huffed and rolled his eyes playfully, noticing the obvious display of affection and opted to play around with his turning chair, but not before looking at San who seemed close to losing it. Seonghwa didn't miss Mingi cracking his knuckles, an action he normally did whenever he was nervous.

"What were you doing?" San asked, approaching Mingi and hugging him from behind, which was pretty common for the singer to do as he adored skinship. Seonghwa was an exception, though. "You look pretty tired."

"Tired is a nice way to put it," Seonghwa retorted. "You look like you've been hit by a truck."

"Thank you so much for pointing that out," Mingi deadpanned. Seonghwa merely shrugged in response and looked at his boyfriend when he felt the shorter tug his hand a bit harshly. Right. Now wasn't the time to be a smart ass. Mingi genuinely looked out of it, and it was up to them to figure out the reason why, even if all Seonghwa wanted to do was cuddle with Hongjoong until the end of time. In all honesty, Seonghwa had a hunch of what it could be, having caught the rapper ogling his phone screen numerous times during makeup stylings and other schedules, but he never voiced his thoughts. He just observed. But perhaps now's the best time to get the information out of the rapper's system. Who knows? Maybe it's just Seonghwa's paranoia.

San detached himself from Mingi's back and leaned on one of the studio's tables. "No but seriously, you look a bit out if it. Is everything okay?"

By the looks of it, it wasn't okay. Yet Mingi shook his head, and Seonghwa's bullshit detector flared aggressively. The older suppressed the urge to scoff.

"Cut the bullshit." Seonghwa ignored the warning glare Hongjoong shot him. "We know you more than you know yourself, Mingi."

Bingo. The rapper's shoulders deflated, his smile losing brightness, and he shied away from the trio. It was a behavior that Seonghwa barely saw, since Mingi cocooned his genuine thoughts the majority of the time, but whatever burdened Mingi now was notably stressing him out. Seonghwa felt slightly guilty for acting like a jerk. Only slightly, though.

Seonghwa, Hongjoong, nor San spoke, preferring to stay silent so Mingi could gather his thoughts. It didn't stop the manager from pressing soft kisses on his boyfriend's skin, having become addicted to how enchanting it felt. How Hongjoong forgave him, he didn't know. All he knew was that he was the luckiest man alive for even having the privilege of calling Hongjoong his.

And with that thought in mind, he lightly grabbed the shorter's chin so they could face each other, and after losing himself in those eyes he adored so much, he pressed a loving kiss on his boyfriend's lips. He felt the other's shock when Hongjoong momentarily froze —Seonghwa knew Hongjoong disliked public PDA— but after a few seconds, Hongjoong eased into the kiss.