chapter 13

Wanda wraps her arms around Alya comforting her as she cries into her shoulder. 

"We will help him remember Alya, please don't worry," Wanda gently says. Alya had finally felt at home, not alone, with people should be happy with, now all she feels is alone without his arms around her. All she wants is to feel his arms around her as they hug. 

"I miss him so much, Why did he have to forget!"

"Hey, he only lost part of it," Wanda tries to say reassuringly. 

"Yeah, the good part where I'm his girlfriend!" Alya shouts walking out the door in frustration to get coffee. She paces down the hallway tears still forming. Alya turns the corner and hits someone. She falls over hurting her leg in the process. The person carries on walking not helping her up.  Alya scoffs and says

"Yeah thanks for that just don't help me up," She rolls her eyes as she lays them on Bucky standing above her. "Oh, it's you how are you feeling?"

"Why do you care? why do you keep being nice to me! I hate you, you hate me for goodness sakes, Alya! you blamed me for everything, did you just suddenly lose your memory to huh?" Bucky shouts getting closer to Alya who stands up and backs away, in shock.

"No Bucky, they haven't told you yet have they?" Alya mutters looking at the floor with tears in her eyes.

"Well go on tell me," Bucky says looking confused at why she isn't fighting back and crying.

"We were together, we forgave each other, became friends, then got closer. Bucky you even took us to Las Vegas for my birthday! I just wish you would remember!" Alya shouts angrily. All her emotions came out, she has lost the man she loves yet he is right in front of her.

"I would never forgive you!" Bucky says look at Alya who is crying clutching a bracelet in her hands. "What's that?" Bucky asks grabbing it out of her reach.

"Bucky you gave that to me for my birthday, please just leave it," Alya mumbles grabbing the bracelet from Bucky and slowly walking away.  Bucky scoffs and walks to his room confused. As soon as he walks in, a scent hits him, not his, but Alyas. Bucky puts it past him and flops onto his bed. He looks to the side where his clock is ticking only to see a picture of him and Alya in a field at night looking happy. Bucky has the biggest smile on his face and looks at her as if that's all he cares about. Bucky rolls his eyes and puts the picture in his draw trying to ignore it. 

-

"Hey Alya," Tony says walking past her. Alya stays silent and carries on walking to the kitchen. When she arrives at the kitchen most people are there, including Loki on the sofa reading again. Steve approaches Alya about to say something when she runs and jumps next to Loki. Everyone looks shocked at first.

"Hey again reading the same thing?" She asks Loki who is still reading the book. 

"Always, how are you?" Loki asks without taking his eyes off the book. He looks up closing it and placing it to the side. "Oh, dear have you been a crying lady, Alya?"Loki asks worriedly. Loki doesn't get along with anyone in the tower, apart from her.

"Sadly, mean like my boyfriend has forgotten about when we were together and all he remembers is he hates me," Alya mumbles looking downward.

"Hey it's ok, I bet you he will remember soon," Loki says in an attempt to cheer her up. He places his hand on her shoulder and then looks behind her. Alya turns around to see Bucky at the doorway. Everyone looks at him than her, not knowing what to say or do. 

"I hope, anyway want coffee?" Alya asks wiping away a tear and returning to look at Loki.

"I'm good lady Alya thank you though," Loki says getting back to his book. Alya smiles and gets up to get coffee for herself.

"Hey," Tony says getting past Bucky who stands staring at everyone trying to remember as much as he can. 

"Buck!" Alya shouts as she runs away from him. Bucky runs behind her watching her hair fly around as she sprints. Bucky laughs and carries on running. He feels the flowers and grass brush against him. He finally catches up with Alya and picks her up by the hips. She squeals and he laughs. And at that moment, nothing else mattered.

"You ok there Bucky?" Steve asks gently as Bucky snaps out of his flashback. Bucky stutters and walks out of the room trying to shake it out of his head. Alya looks to the ground upset knowing the man she loves, doesn't love her back.

"Hey it's ok, want to train with me?" Steve asks placing a hand on Alya's shoulder. She looks up wiping her cheek. 

"it's fine steve," Alya mumbles heading out the room. She walks quickly avoiding everyone. Alya quickly paces down the hallway, wanting to be alone. 

"are you ok?" Wanda asks still in her room slouched on the bed.

"No! Bucky hates me, Wanda, I love him!" Alya shouts starting to heavily cry. Wanda pulls Alya into a hug trying to comfort her.

"Hey hey hey, it's ok, he doesn't mean it," Wanda says calmly.

"But that's the thing, he does," Alya says into Wanda's shoulder. Wanda sheds a tear, she hates seeing the people that mean so much to her in pain. They stay silent just embracing each other for a few minutes. Alya feels the comfort of her hug and settles down.

"Alya how about we go hang out with everyone, huh, cheer you up," Wanda suggests as Alya odds wiping away her tears. They both grab their stuff and wander downstairs. They reach everyone and they all sit down on the large rounded couch.

"What are we going to do about Bucky?" Alya mutters, making everyone look upset.

"Alya, there's nothing we can do," Steve says looking down to the ground.

"There has to be, some cure," Alya says starting to panic. Wanda hugs Alya calming her down instantly. 

"look Alya we get it, you want him to remember you when you guys were together,  but there isn't a cure on earth that could do that," Bruce says sadly.

"Exactly! Bruce, when does Thor return?" Alya asks excitedly.

"Few hours, why?" Tony asks.

"Asgard might have a cure I need to ask him about it," Alya says running off into her room. She jumps onto her bed staring at the ceiling planning ou the plan in her head.