chapter 16

Alya stirs awake laying her eyes on the empty side of the bed. She curls up into her pillow as she hears the shower start to run. She takes in the scent of her pillow and the soft fabric before standing up and heading towards the bathroom. She gentle knocks waiting for a reply as she leans against the door.

"Come in doll," Bucky says as Alya smiles biting her bottom lip. She opens the door letting the steam of the hot shower flow out.

"Morning," Alya says walking in, laying her eyes on his extremely muscular body. 

"Care to join doll?" Bucky asks to smirk. Alya nods and the rest is history. 

They both get dressed into nice comfy clothes and make their way downstairs to grab their usual breakfast. They walk into the room, everyone looking up towards them.

"God I hate being on the same floor as you guys," Steve says as he grabs his coffee tiredly. Bucky and Alya laugh and roll their eyes. 

"Coffee! and Pop-tarts! my loves," Alya squeals.

"Ouch," Bucky sarcastically says holding his heart.

"Don't worry your third," Alya winks taking the first sip of the freshly warm coffee. Bucky chuckles and wraps his arms around Alya. Oh, how she missed moments like these. Alya takes Buckys hand and pulls him into the hallway. Bucky pins her to the wall looking down into her vibrant green eyes.

"I missed you, so much," Alya whispers as she leans in and starts to kiss him. Bucky slowly cups her face as they move in sync. Bucky slides his hand around her neck. "If you jokingly grab my neck, then you either cancel all your plans for the rest of the day, or you strangle me, there's no in-between," Alya teases.

"God I love you," He chuckles as he picks Alya up and goes up to his room. After an hour in the bedroom, Bucky and Alya decide to go out and walk around in the mall. Alya grabs her small black purse making sure her phone and money are in it. They both grip each other's hand as they both walk out into the crisp air. Alya takes in the fresh air as it brushes against her bare skin. 

"Was it a good idea to wear a skirt in this weather?" Bucky asks.

"Beauty is pain, my love," Alya says smiling. They both happily wander around, hand in hand, picking out some new clothing, etc. After a few hours of rapid shopping and eating random foods, they decide to wrap it up and head home. They arrive back at the tower and make their way back up to their room in which they sit down admiring the view over New York.

"I can't believe it," Alya mutters not taking her eyes off the busy roads down below. Ever since Bucky has regained his memories she has felt a weight lifted off her shoulders, only for more to be put on. She never wants to lose him again.

"What is it?" Bucky asks looking over towards Alya who is perfectly still. Bucky feels guilty about what happened, you can't blame him. He feels disappointed in himself for even forgetting her even though he couldn't have helped it.

"The fact you remember me again," Alya gently says looking into Buckys blue eyes, as he slowly moves closer, grasping her in his arms.

"I will never forget you or anything again," Bucky whispers as Alya rests her head in the crook of his kneck. His metal arm wapping around her, sending shivers throughout her, but she likes the cold, she always has. 

It is the next day and Alya and Bucky had been up all night talking about everything that had happened. Buckys pit of guilt hasn't left him, the thought of him forgetting and hating the women he hopes to spend the rest of his life with tormented him. It is a new sunny day, a time to put everything in the past They walk downstairs in their pj's to grab some breakfast.