Prologue: New York, United States of America

[No ones POV]

New York City. A great city at the gateway to the USA. But still a pretty turbulent place to be at the moment.

The streets constantly rocked by villains who show no mercy to those who are unable to protect themselves. A hero is required.

Jameson: This Spider-Man is a menace to our society! He has to be stopped! He a thief and a criminal!

Everyone in the room looked at each other dumbfounded as it was just a few minutes ago that he was praising this hero.

Jameson: He stole my suit from right in front of me! He might have been a hero, but now he's just like all those other villains! All of them have to be stopped!

He picks up a newspaper and shows it to everyone. The headline 'Who is the Spider-Man?' Printed on the front.

Jameson: Who is this?! I thought we didn't have to deal with this kind of thing anymore, but it's just one headache after another!

He slams the paper on the desk and out of it swings our Spider-Man, enjoying his freedom through the streets of the city he was born in. A city of thrills!

But ethnically not somewhere that he could be free do to what he loved. Constant eyes on him and pressure to stop trying to fight all these different villains. For his own safety mainly, him being merely 16 years of age.

He stops swinging around and sits down on a rooftop overlooking the Hudson River into Manhattan, a view that he had grown used to. He takes off his mask and sighs deeply with his H/V hair blowing gently in the wind.

[Y/N POV]

Hi there! I'm Y/N and you could say that I'm just like all those other teenagers but you'd be wrong. You see, I'm Spider-Man! Or if you're Jonah Jameson then a so-called 'menace to society'!

Doesn't he know that I'm the one who has stopped those villains time and again from actually destroying the society? I have been doing this since I was 13 years old and I just turned 16 around a month ago. I still have a lot to learn, but I think I'm really getting the hang of it!

I just don't get the encouragement that I would like though. My aunt bless her, is always so scared when I come home with new bruises and cuts and she always goes on about how she can't lose me and everything.

I know that she loves me very much and I love her too, but she has to understand that I am doing this to make the streets a safer place for people like her! Normal people who want to get on with their lives knowing that they have someone watching over them!

But perhaps she was right and with no one really recognising me as a hero anymore, then what really was the point?

Y/N: *sigh* when did i get so negative? Come on Y/N! You're the amazing Spider-Man! Nothing should be able to get you down!

It still had been quite a while since any of my main adversaries had done anything, probably because they're waiting for me to let my guard down, there were other little proxy villains that were cropping up here and then, but they were easy enough.

Y/N: Damn I'd better get home! My aunt is going to kill me otherwise!

I put my mask back on and jump off the building and swing my way back through the busy streets. It was at times like these that I could really forget about all of those negative thoughts and really let myself run free! Within boundaries of course!

I soon get back to the small house that I lived in with my aunt. It was just me and her, we lost the rest of our family some years ago now. I never got to know who killed them, but I was still determined to find out.