Chapter 5: Fascination

[Y/N POV]

I had precious little to do right now. The time in between lessons was always so boring for me! I was hoping that at a magic school there would at least be something interesting for me to do!

But it would seem that it was just like being at any other school. No one seemed to be casting spells or doing anything magical.

Y/N: I guess I should try and find some of my friends! Then I wouldn't be so bored!

The only thing is, this school was so massive, and I didn't even know where they all hung out at!

I was walking around for quite a while until I found myself outside and around the back of the school. It felt really nice to feel the wind gently blow through my hair and the sun on my face.

Akko: Hold on. It's Y/N! Over here Y/N!

To my pleasant surprise, I heard Akko's voice and saw her beckoning me over. A smile took its place on my face as I happily made my way over to them.

Y/N: Hola! I'm happy that I've managed to find you three! I was kinda looking for someone to talk to and have been wandering around for a while now!

Akko: Well come and sit! We'd love to have you here!

I sat myself down on the ground next to Lotte and gave her a smile which she returned.

Lotte: How are you feeling here Y/N? Like you don't feel too out of place do you?

Y/N: Not really. Everyone has been really kind to me so far! It's still uncomfortable being the only boy in a school full of girls, but I know that I will get used to it eventually.

Lotte: Of course! And we are always here if you ever need someone to talk to!

Y/N: Gracias Lotte! It means a lot!

Akko: You've been lucky then I guess...

Akko's voice sounded the exact opposite of what I would expect it to be. She sounded upset. Not depressed, but enough for me to guess that something had happened.

Y/N: Akko? What's up? You're not normally like this! Well apart from what I've seen so far!

Sucy: She tried to prove to Diana that she had the real Shiny Rod and it backfired on her.

Akko: But it is the real thing! You saw how it worked in the forest when we arrived!

Sucy: I didn't see it. I was too busy looking at the ground below us.

Akko: Come on Lotte! Surely you did!

Lotte: I was too scared to acknowledge anything! But I'll take your word for it!

While they were talking, my eyes landed on what Akko claimed to be the Shiny Rod. Admittedly, I had never seen it before so I didn't have a say in this conversation.

Akko: Y/N? Do you believe me?

Y/N: I mean I wish I could Akko, but I've never seen any of Chariot's shows before. Anything I say would be invalid.

Akko: Yeah, I guess...

Akko sighed deeply and pulled out a card from her pocket and placed it on the ground.

Akko: It's been over ten years since Chariot disappeared. I just wonder why she stopped doing her shows! And where she is right now...and if she's ok.

Y/N: I wish I had taken the opportunity to see her shows when they were still running. And it was curious that when I did my research, there was very little on what could have caused her to stop. She seemed like a very likeable and spirited person. Much like Akko if you ask me!