Chapter 4: First Taste

[Y/N POV]

My arms and legs were aching when I lifted myself up from my bed this morning. Looking around, the other three were still asleep. The sun was just starting to shine through the curtains.

Y/N: Guess it's all that walking around and sitting on the plane that's made this happen.

I say that the girls were still asleep, but from below me I could hear sparks flying and frequent flashing lights.

Y/N: Oh Constanze is awake!

I lean over the side of my bed and lower myself down and see her tinkering away with her goggles on. At first she didn't notice me but she glanced up and stopped, taking her goggles off and nodding at me.

Y/N: Hola! Did you sleep well?

She nods her head and I grin at her.

Y/N: So I wasn't snoring too loud?

She shook her head.

Y/N: Good good.

I climb back up on my bed and stretch my arms again and crawl over to the ladder and climb down and place my feet on the ground.

Y/N: Oh right I don't have a uniform yet. Do I need to go and find it?

I would probably have it given to me, so I have to just sit tight for now.

Y/N: You don't mind me sitting here next to you right Constanze? I'll understand if you don't.

She shakes her head and moves over slightly and pats the space next to her. I smile and sit next to her.

Y/N: Gracias! I just don't want to come across as weird! I will say that I do enjoy your company and I'm fascinated in what you are doing!

Constanze seemed a little taken aback by the last bit but still shuffled closer so I could see what she was doing. I had always been a bit of a nerd when it came to everything to do with technology.

I wonder if I'll feel the same about magic.

Y/N: Woah! So you put this together by yourself?

She nods her head and puts her Google's back and gets back to tinkering. I figured I could learn something from her if I paid enough attention.

Amanda: Oh morning Y/N!

I look over to see Amanda rubbing her eyes, sat up in her bed.

Y/N: Good morning Amanda! Did you sleep well?

Amanda: I did yeah thanks! You don't snore so that's a plus!

Y/N: Ah well that's good then! That's the one thing I always worry about when sleeping in the same room as others!

Amanda: Yeah no need to worry about it! We are comfortable with you being in here so far. As long as you keep your hands to yourself, then we'll get along well!

Y/N: Like I said, I'm not a creep and if you ever need me to step out then I will do so! I don't want to compromise my place here, nor any friendships that I make!

Amanda smiles at me and climbs out of her bed and walks over to join me.

Amanda: You know Y/N, there's something about you that I just can't quite put my finger on.

I got a little uneasy when she said that. I just knew that I couldn't let anything slip out. My aunt was right, I had to put all that behind me.

But then again, the thrill that came with it would still make me continue to do what I thought was right. It wasn't just for the thrill.