𝟏. 𝐫𝐞𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━chapter one —
rebirth;
2711 words ⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒chapter one — rebirth;2711 words ⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

ANASTASIA HAS LIVED AND DIED MORE TIMES THAN SHE CARES TO ADMIT. First, she was nearly killed by the failure of her kidneys. Then, it was her liver failing. After that came the torture and abuse from Michael Dallarosa, a doctor hellbent on creating the most perfect Mutant. He ultimately killed her, ripping her heart from her chest, but she came back. Then, it was taking a bullet to the chest trying to stop the man the used to love, Erik Lehnsherr. It was an unforgivable accident that left her to wake up a month later, trapped six feet underground. That was only for the first 22 years of her life. From 1963 to the early 1990s, Anastasia would try off and on to take her own life, only to wake up hours to months later, still alive. Nothing could seem to kill her.

In 1992, Anastasia found herself on the front steps of a place she once called home. A kind red headed girl opened up the door, smiling as she directed Anastasia around the house turned school.

"And you are?" asked the kind girl.

Anastasia looked down the hallway filling with student. Her eyes darted from each of the teachers that stood watch of the student. "I'm Anastasia Romanov."

The girl next to Anastasia stopped breathing. Her eyes turned as wide as saucers and her mouth dropped open. "That's—That's—You're—"

"Dead?" Anastasia asked, finished the girl's sentence. "I only wish."

A whirring noise tore Anastasia away from her focus on the students. She whirled her head around, looking at the man in the wheelchair behind her.

"Hello, Charles," Anastasia said softly to the man with wide eyes. "I know it's been 30 years, but.." she shrugged her shoulders. "Better late than never."

"Better late than never..." Charles repeated slowly. He couldn't bare to tear his eyes away from her, fearing that she would disappear the moment he blinked. "Jean, would you mind running to my office and talking to the Prydes."

"Of course, Professor," Jean said, barely unable to pull herself away from Anastasia.

"It's a nice place you got here," Anastasia said once Jean disappeared down the hallway. "Full of kids..and life."

"How are you...? I buried you..."

Anastasia sighed, looking down at her feet. She brushed the hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ears. "I don't know exacts, but it appears that I can't die — or age— and at this point, I'd rather be here with you and Ivan than out there alone."

Charles smiled softly at the woman in front of him. For so long, he's felt a tinge of guilt in her death. Perhaps if he didn't push her too hard to in the week beforehand or didn't question Erik enough, she would've stayed alive. But here she was — alive! That's all he wanted. And now he has it.