𝟔. 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞

☆━━━━━━━━━━━━☆chapter six —
welcome home;
1674 words ☆━━━━━━━━━━━━☆

CHARLES XAIVER'S SCHOOL FOR GIFTED YOUNGSTERS SHOOK SUDDENLY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

CHARLES XAIVER'S SCHOOL FOR GIFTED YOUNGSTERS SHOOK SUDDENLY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. Children, teenagers, and teachers woke up to their beds shaking and windows chattering at they threatened to shatter. They all felt the same thing — immense fear and sadness.

Jean rolled over, slipping out of Scott's arms. Immediately, she grabbed her robe from the chair in the corner and sprinted out the door. Already, she saw Charles moving down the hallway in his wheelchair, heading in the same way she was going to go. She tied her robe tight against her body, running quickly to the fellow telepath.

"This hasn't happened in a long time," she murmured, keeping up with Charles's speed.

"It would happen sooner or later, Jean," Charles replied. Finally, the two were standing right outside of Anastasia's bedroom door. Jean grabbed the doorknob, jumping back as she felt a burst of energy surge through her body. Without another thought, she used her telekinesis to swing the door open. Normally, Anastasia would easily overpower Jean, but she asleep. Charles wheeled to the base of her bed.

Anastasia panted, her chest rising and falling quickly. Her skin glistened with sweat. A few stray tears escaped her tightly closed eyes and dropped onto the pillow case under her head. She thrashed her head back and forth, small mutters falling from her lips.

"She's coming...I can't stop this...Please..."

Charles grabbed her hand. Pain shot straight to his chest. It was a similar hot slicing feeling from back in '62, when she couldn't control her powers.

"Ana.." he gasped out, clutching his chest with his other hand. "Wake...up!"

Anastasia jolted up in her bed, her eyes glowing green. She gasped, relief overcoming her. As she blinked rapidly, her eyes faded back into her natural colorS Looking between Jean and Charles, she realized that she had another episode. She clenched her jaw and wiped at the tears at the corner of her eyes.

"I'm sorry," she choked out.

Charles swallowed back the last of the pain and sighed. He looked from Anastasia to Jean. "Make sure no one was hurt."

Anastasia looked down in shame. She couldn't bear the possibility of hurting someone, especially since many residents of the house were either friends or students that looked up to her. As Jean left, she closed the door behind her.

"I'm sorry, Charles, I'm—"

Charles held up his hand before gently placing it on her arm. "It's alright," he said quietly. "We all have bad dreams."

"Yeah," Anastasia said quietly, nodding her head. For a second, she thought of what could've happened if Charles had not forced her to wake up. "But the bad dreams stop when you wake up. My bad dreams are still out there — still living. I can't rest peacefully. Not until Dallarosa is officially dead."