𝟓. 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

☆━━━━━━━━━━━━☆chapter five —
goodbyes are not forever
2026 words ☆━━━━━━━━━━━━☆

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒chapter five —goodbyes are not forever 2026 words ⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

IVAN WALKED OUT OF THE LABORATORY, WIPING THE BLOOD OFF HIS HANDS. Anastasia, who had just finished pacing back and forth, watched him carefully. She reached out and offered to take the bloodied cloth away from him. More realistically, she wanted answers.

"Is he going to be okay?" she asked. The moment she realized that Logan wasn't healing as quickly as he should've been, she contacted Ivan. She hoped that his mutation could aid in a quicker rehabilitation.

After she had coerced Erik into turning off his device, Logan went to grab Rogue. But it was too late. The damage of the machine was too much for her and it brought her to the brink of death. Logan thought on his feet quickly. Removing his glove, he allowed Rogue to soak in his powers. However, to bring her back to normalcy, she retained too much of his life force. It nearly killed him. Every slice, broken bone, and bruise he had even gotten in his unknowingly long lifespan had returned.

Anastasia fear that this was the end for Logan. With his healing capabilities not kicking in, he was as good as dead. Anastasia wouldn't let that happen. She would do everything in her power to bring him back to perfect health. But it was Ivan that she needed. He was the healer of the school, able to cure anything from a common cold to a broken bone. Only Ivan could save Logan.

"I think it's working," he replied, handing her the cloth.

"You think?"

Ivan glared at her. "Snapping at me won't help him."

Anastasia huffed. After using her powers to dematerialize the cloth, she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Listen," Ivan said softly, understanding her frustration. "Just give him some time."

Anastasia nodded, dropping her arms from her chest. "I saw Raven and Erik."

Ivan avoided eye contact with her for a second, swallowing hard. "And?"

"And...Raven left without a fight. Erik had to take convincing, but he eventually stopped." Anastasia hesitated on the next part. "I wiped all memories of seeing me again from his mind and forced him to surrender."

"You didn't do anything none of us wouldn't do."

Ivan rested his cleaned hand on her shoulder, letting her know that everything will be okay. After she nodded solemnly, he kissed her forehead and walked off. It gave her an opportunity to see Logan.

Pushing open the door, Anastasia was met with the smell of disinfectant and blood. There were two table in the room, one for Logan, and the other intended for Charles. However, Anastasia was able to pull the telepath from his catatonic state, and he was resting peacefully in his own bed.