𝟑. 𝐦𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲

━━━━━━━━━━━━ chapter three —
my responsibility;
1603 words ⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒ chapter three —my responsibility;1603 words ⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

ANASTASIA WATCHED AS LOGAN NEARLY CRUMBLED BEFORE HER EYES. He was so worried. Anastasia could've tangibly felt his worry, even if she didn't have her powers. He paced back and forth, his voice rising and falling as he spoke.

"You said he wanted me," Logan said loudly to Charles, referring to Erik.

"I made a terrible mistake," Charles said softly. "His helmet was somehow designed to block my telepathy. I Couldn't see what he was after till it was too late."

Anastasia crossed her legs and leaned back on the couch, sitting next to Jean. After she felt Logan leave, she instructed Storm and Cyclops to confront him kindly. Of course, there was no way in hell Scott was going to be kind to Logan. Unfortunately, no one was able to confront anyone due to Erik stepping into the picture with his minions.

Erik took Rogue. This whole time they were mistaken in thinking that he wanted Logan. Anastasia stayed at the school the entire time, but kept a mental link with Charles. She watched as Erik prepared himself to kill everyone there with very little hesitation. She hated that — even after all these years, all that pain, all those nights up, thinking about what could've been — she still loved Erik.

"Where are you going?" she asked, watching as Logan grabbed his jacket and stormed away.

"To find her the traditional way — looking," he snapped.

"Who will help me? You?" he chuckled without humor. "So far, you've done a bag up job."

"Logan, if you would just—"

"It's Senator Kelly!" Storm hollered, bursting into the room. Logan and Anastasia kept eye contact while Jean, Scott, and Charles all left to see the commotion. She had to eventually tear herself away from him due to Charles yelling for her to meet them in the basement.

"Senator..." she said softly, strolling into the medical laboratory. Due to her staying mostly in the school, she rarely meets new people. But this man she knows well enough. He is the front runner for anti-Mutant legislation, fighting for years for stricter control.

"What's going on?" she whispered to Charles.

Kelley's body is rejecting a forced mutation, she heard Charles say into her mind. Erik did this.

Anastasia sighed, watching as Charles wheeled himself out of the laboratory. Her heart felt heavy in her chest.

"Is someone there?" Senator Kelly asked. "Please."

"I'm here," she replied, walking over to Kelly. He held his hand up and she grabbed it, holding it gently. What she thought was sweat, glistened off his skin as there were  wires attached to him. His heart was beat erratically.