Chapter 1: Graduation

Chapter 1 - Graduation

"Finally, we've made it! We've reached the end of our high school life..."

Eagerness, happiness and sadness were written all over my face as words flew off, of our valedictorian's mouth. I wanted high school to end and I wanted to try waking up at 8 and going to school at 9. I wanted to see how different high school from college was. Not realizing that I didn't want to be separated from my friends, friends whom I gained for the past 4 years of my life.

"Hey! What's up? Why are you spacing out?" Jane asked.

"Nothing... Hey, what college are you planning to attend to?" I asked.

"Well, since you asked, let me show you my list." She answered.

I can't believe she has a list of colleges, it's not like she'll attend all of them. By the way Jane France Anderson is my best friend we've been best friends since first year high school. She's very loud, and quite frank but very beautiful and optimistic.

"Here look." I noticed Jane take out a long bond paper cut in half.

"University of the Philippines (UP), Far Eastern University (FEU), University of the East (UE)..." My eyes widen as it was scrolling down the paper.

"...what the heck Jane. Are you planning to attend all of them? Why so many?" I queried curiously.

"Well, I don't know exactly where to go, 'cause I haven't made up my mind yet, but I'm planning to attend at UE." She answered confidently.

"Guess I was right." I said half-heartedly.

"What's wrong?" She asked worriedly.

"I'm not going to any special school Jane, just a school in the area. We'll be a thousand miles apart." I responded.

"It's not like you're gonna lose me, I'm just a phone call away Katy. Don't worry we'll skype everyday!" She smiled with assurance.

I smiled at her and next thing you know the valedictory address was finished and everyone began to sing our graduation song.

"What a journey it has been

And the end is not in sight

But those stars are out tonight

And they're bound to guide my way..."

I noticed everybody was crying as they sang their hearts out. They probably remembered their memorable experiences, all their teamwork when it comes to homework, quizzes and exams to the laughter and sorrow they shared with each other.

Will I have friends in college? Will they accept me as I am? Will they support me in everything that I do? These questions started to pop into my head. I know I shouldn't think about these things, Jane said I'll be okay, that I just have to be myself and let them get to know m e.

Jane decided to go to UE while Mell was bound to Baguio and study at Saint Louise University, Pam, Mikee, Vanny are attending the same school at De La Salle University, and Shiella and I are both attending University of Santo Tomas.

Mell Angeles is the 'shy-type' when you're only acquainted with her, but she's actually quite out-going and the jolly type of the group. Pam Silvers has always been caring one, Mikee Villongco is the forever baby of the group, while Vanny McField is the class clown, she's very funny and energetic, and Shiella Tiu is the supportive and intelligent one. Although all of us has gained awards, and honors Shiella is the most intelligent in the group.

Not a day passed that we didn't spend with each other, we cherished the days that we have left and made the best of them, after all it will be months 'till we see each other again.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, thanks for reading! I'm kind of new at this so, there's room for improvements.
Let me know what you think, please don't forget to comment, vote and share!
Follow me on instagram : @kayepdc