Chapter 5: Lunch

Chapter 5 - Lunch

"Can I get in touch with you? Can I have your number Katy?"

The sound of his voice and the way he said those words are repeatedly being played like a broken record inside my head. I got home 30 minutes ago, and I can't stop thinking about how this day turned out. I can't believe he was the first one to approach me. The captain of the debate team and one of the smartest in the AB Department, asked me, Katy Sanchez, a nobody, a complete stranger, for my number. Pinch me, I must be dreaming, this feels so surreal. I'm the happiest person on earth!

So I've been staring at my phone for an hour now, and I'm losing my patient waiting for his text. What's on his mind? Why won't he text me already? Maybe he changed his mind, maybe he doesn't want to get in touch anymore, or maybe I said or did something that offended him. But I don't remember doing anything wrong. I was reserve and timid the whole time, I wanted to retain myself from being talkative, I didn't want him to think that I'm noisy or anything like that. Stop messing with my head Cyrus. I don't wanna think about these things. Text me already!

"AH!" I shrieked and threw my pillow across the room near my door. To my surprise Papa was standing there.

"What the heck are you doing Katy?" He asked with a serious tone.

"Ah, nothing..." I said hesitantly.

"...just playing Pillow Fight." I added as I gave him my brightest smile.

"With whom?' Papa asked curiously.

"With ah... myself." I responded. Papa was looking at me like I'm crazy or something. Of course who wouldn't? Playing pillow fight with yourself, yeah you've got to be crazy.

"Don't you have something to do? Homework, maybe?" He queried.

I almost forgot! I have tons of things to do, my plate, my research work... Why do they give these things on the same day and then due them on the same day also? Why? I have to do them now or else I'm dead. I don't wanna be humiliated in front of my instructors.

I started to draw for about 45 minutes now and I'm pretty much in the zone. I'm pumped up doing them and I'm almost done with my research work, so all I have to do now is my plate. 15 minutes after I started with my plate I heard a beep from my phone. I stood up to get it and then I saw an unknown number.

"Oh shoot!" I uttered. I almost forgot about Cyrus.

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!" I shrieked like a little girl who received a chocolate on Christmas, so I opened the text and it goes...

"Good Evening!

We hereby inform you that your line is now at Php 999.00 this will due on February 24, 2015.

To continue enjoying your unlimited call and text, please pay at any branch of Globe Telecom near you.

Thank you valued costumer.

-Globe Telecom"

My jaw dropped from reading this text.

"Stupid." I uttered.

I got excited for nothing? This sucks. I thought it was Cyrus, what could he be doing right now? Not a single text from him, nothing!

"Ah." I sighed in frustration.

I went back to my table and continued my plate. I feel frustrated and irritated. Now I can't concentrate on my drawings, but I have to do them anyway.