Chapter 3: Message

Chapter 3 -Message

It's been two weeks since school started, I've been acquainted with everybody in my class, and Joanna and I have been close since that dean incident, haha. All of us have been hanging out since the second day of class and we've been eating lunch together. They're not bad, all of them are friendly.

"Good morning!" Arch. Pascual smirked as he walked pass the class.

"Today, I will be giving your first plate." He stated.

"Sir isn't that a little too early?" John asked.

John is smart. He has been actively solving problems in Algebra and Trigonometry. He's smart but he's not a geek, he actually looks good. He doesn't wear glasses, his hair is tinted in the shade of brown, and he is said to be the 1st honorable mention of his class back in high school.

"Nothing is too early for anything." Arch. Pascual responded with a smirk.

That smirk is saying something different, I can sense it. I'm getting nervous just by hearing his voice.

"You will be designing a Museum of your choice." He continued.

"A Museum?" queried the students

"Yes, provide me the complete computation of the areas you will use and its clearances. You should also look for an appropriate site for your proposed building." He added with a simper.

As I listened to him go on and on, I was thinking about Cyrus. I met him at an audition for the school choir, I was singing one time inside the chapel and a member of the choir asked me to audition to which I said yes.

Cyrus has brown eyes, and chestnut colored hair. His voice was deep as the deepest ocean in the world. I haven't had the chance to talk to him yet, he seemed approachable but there is more to him than meets the eye.

As of today I still don't know if my voice is good enough for the choir master. I'm sure Cyrus secured a spot in the choir the moment he open his mouth. I hope I get it so I get to see him again, fingers cross.

I snapped back to reality when Joanna patted me in the back. Arch. Pascual was already checking their schemes.

"Oh shoot!" I said unconsciously.

"Where's yours?" Joanna asked.

I immediately took a piece of bond paper and started to make a rough sketch of my building. Thankfully three more people are handing out their schemes. That should give me enough time to finish this up.

"Ah, in a minute." I responded.

"What were you doing this whole time? He gave us like freaking 30 minutes to do it." Joanna said furiously.

"Ohh, somebody was day dreaming about a certain hottie." Tammy, blurted.

Tammy is my classmate and a friend, we went to audition together, she has a soulful voice while mine is probably on an average. I think Tammy noticed me staring at Cyrus back then. Yes, I was staring. I know it's impolite to stare but come on his a catch. Haha.

"Wait what?" Joanna seemed confused.

"Oh, she doesn't know this Katy?" Tammy continued.

"Oh, shut up why don't you? Can't you see I'm rushing my scheme?" I said worriedly.

"Miss Sanchez!" Arch. Pascual blurted.

"Your scheme, now, are you still not done? 30 minutes is more than enough." He said frankly.

"Just doing some finishing touches, sir." I responded.

I got up my seat and went straight to the front to let him check my scheme. I couldn't read his face, and everybody else was waiting for me outside.

"You've got a good scheme Miss Sanchez." He stated.

"Ah, thanks sir?" I said in disbelief.

I did that for eight minutes and it's good? Wait, what? I'm pretty sure is joking. Is he mocking mo or something? Ah, whatever. He handed back my scheme and I went straight outside to meet everybody.

"How was it?" Lyn asked.

"How was what?" I responded.

"Her dream or her scheme?" Tammy smirked.

"Shut up Tammy." My eyes glared at her, which made her burst out laughing.

"Okay enough, let's go already." Kris demanded.

I forgot to tell you, there are 15 of us in our block. Me, Joanna, Tammy, Lyn who has ¾ Japanese blood, Kris is quiet but out-going just like Mell. Carmen is small but terrible, very noisy and a happy go lucky person and so that sums up the girls in my class. Then there are the boys, John, Louie, Jay, Gel, Brett, Kiko, Ralph, Eddie, and Van. All of them are really good at something. We all have different skills that are an advantage or disadvantage for the other. Nonetheless each of us has gained recognition by our instructors.

After class we've decided to ditch last period and go hang out at Tarlaceños. It's amazing how we can agree with things like this. Haha. Last period is English, we're pretty sure the teacher's not coming again. She's kind of lazy. It's a good thing but at the same time a bad thing only because we don't have to deal with the lectures and everything but if she doesn't come and teach, that just mean we're paying her for nothing. Yes I'm pretty much debating with my inner thoughts.

"So Katy, what were you dreaming about?" Joanna asked.

"It's not a what, it's a who." Tammy chuckled.

Attention was on me the moment Tammy chuckled. Thank God, the boys were busy arguing about a basket ball game. So the girls were the only ones engaged by Tammy's annoying laugh. Yes I'm annoyed. I get uneasy about the smallest things, and I don't like being called out to someone. I'm sure this will happen once they find out that I'm interested in Cyrus.

"Who is it?" they asked in unison.

"No one." I stated trying to convince them.

"Come on! Don't be selfish, spill the beans." Lyn simpered.

"Fine!" I said in defeat.

They were very attentive as I tell them about Cyrus and smiles filled their faces.

I was almost done with the story then my phone beep. I got a message from an unknown number.

"Good Afternoon, Miss Katy Sanchez. I am pleased to inform you that you are now a member of the Golden Voice Choir. Please come tomorrow after class at the Art Department's Theater.

You are chosen alongside the following:

Samantha Reyes

Abigail Montes

Eya Rodriguez

Denver Bernardo

Rein Lustre

Mike Cyrus Damo

Tammy Real

John Denver Mulach

Donna Faye Gomez

Don Butay

Francisco Abra

See you at rehearsals!"

My eyes widen and I just can't hide my excitement! I was chosen, alongside Cyrus and Tammy! Cyrus and I in the same choir? I can't believe this!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment, vote, and share! If you have any suggestions let me know.

I'm new at this so thanks for understanding if I have errors in my writing.

Please continue on reading this book. Stay tune for the next chapter! :) :) :)

Follow me on instagram: @kayepdc

Thank you and God bless. 😊