Chapter 8: What do I do?

Chapter 8 - What do I do?

"Can I court you?"

I couldn't utter anything after he said those words. I didn't know what to say, what to think or what to expect. There was complete silence for a few minutes. I couldn't make up my mind.

"Look at the time. I'm going inside, thanks for the ride." I casually said.

I turned my back and went inside the house. What did I just do? I didn't even meet his

eyes. I couldn't say no directly because I'm not sure.

"Ahh!" I uttered a small shout.

"What are flustered about?" Karlo asked.

"Nothing." I responded.

"Well, doesn't look nothing to me. What did you and your friend hit it off with a bad start?" he chuckled.

My eyes widened hearing him said that. "What the hell! Where you watching us? Ugh, you are so annoying!"

I got so annoyed with him that I nimbly walked pass him.

"You shouldn't be agitated about those type of things. Think it through." I couldn't help but turn my back to look at him.

He just smiled and gestured me to go to bed.

It really caught me off guards; I'm still out of my mind right now. What am I gonna say to him when we see each other? Oh gosh!

A few minutes passed and I've been staring at the ceiling. I heard my phone ring, it was Shiella calling.

"Katy, hey!"

"Shiella! What's up?" I asked.

"Let's go out tomorrow, Jane and Mel arrived home a few hours ago."

"They're here? Wow, why didn't I know that?"

"Because we knew you were busy and probably stressed out, so we didn't bother..."

"...and Mel said she has something for you, so is Jane." She added.

"Really? Wow, that's too early for a birthday gift." I chuckled.

"Well you should come tomorrow. Bring your guitar please; it has been months since I last heard you play."

"Sure, but bring yours too, okay?"

"Okay thanks! I will. I'll text you the details. See you tomorrow!"

"See you! Good night."

Jane and Mel have something for me? Well that's unusual. They usually give me stuff on my birthday or when they need something from me. What do they need this time? But I still can't wait to see them, three months is far too long. I'm excited for tomorrow.

-

I woke up to the ring of my alarm clock. It's Sunday so I have to get ready for church.

Sunday mornings are usually spent with the family. We attend the mass and eat breakfast together. I'm quite lucky to have a family like them.

"Pa, did Katy tell you?" Karlo blurted out.

"Tell me what?" He queried.

"You didn't tell him?" My brother glared at me.

Last night he was just nice to me and all but now what? Oh this guy.

"I was going to, but you're more eager than I am." I chuckled.

"Pa, Katy needs to have a car of her own." Karlo diverted his attention to Papa.

"Do you Katy?" He asked.