Chapter 7: Saturday Bonding

Chapter 7 - Saturday Bonding

It has been a week since I failed my first major plate. I have not stopped reading books since then. I want to improve myself and I want to be more aware of things. I don't want to procrastinate anymore, no more cramming.

"Ah! I want to go out." John blurted.

"Let's go hang out!" Gel eagerly suggested.

"I totally agree! We have to unwind and enjoy ourselves." Joanna was trying to talk everyone into agreeing.

"Yeah, let's go somewhere. Since it's Saturday and class is almost over." Jay nodded in agreement.

"I know! Let's go to my house!" Kris suggested.

"Alright! An invitation. I won't say no to that." John gleefully responded.

Kris' house is five blocks away from school, and they actually own vast tracks of apartments and boarding houses for students. Kris invited us to go her apartment, just two blocks nearer than their actual house. It was pass one o'clock in the afternoon and it was scorching hot, so we've decided to ride in Joanna and Kris' cars.

"We're here!" Kris blurted. Everyone's jaw dropped, we couldn't believe that this is only Kris' apartment.

"This is your apartment?" John shrugged.

"This is twice bigger than my house." Lyn blurted.

Kris' apartment has two parking slots with a large garden. The overall outside look of the 'apartment' is amazing, very detailed with all the bricks and decorative clad stones.

"Seriously, you call this an apartment?" Tammy sighed in disbelief.

"Oh please. Stop exaggerating it. Come on let's go inside." Kris gestured her hand towards the door.

"Wow." Everyone uttered in unison.

Her house, no wait, 'apartment' is beautiful, a chandelier in the living room, and a spiral staircase. She also has an upright piano and a big plasma screen tv.

"Welcome to my apartment. Please feel at home." Kris said humbly.

"So much for an apartment." Joanna uttered.

"Do you guys want cookies?" Kris asked. Everyone nodded while scouting the place.

"Does anyone of you know how to bake?" She added.

Kris is a really good baker and she brought a chocolate cake one time in school. Everyone loved it that one whole cake wasn't enough.

"I don't, but I wanna try." I eagerly said.

"Let's go to the kitchen. Meanwhile you guys go watch a movie or play stuff on Wii." She suggested.

The boys went to the living room and started playing Guitar Hero on Wii, while us girls decided to try baking.

"The secret to good baking is measurement. You have to do be careful in measuring the ingredients. No more, no less." Kris started to lecture us and to my surprise all of us were very attentive.

"When did you learn to bake? And who taught you?" Lyn asked curiously.

"Believe it or not, I only started 6 months ago..." She chuckled.

"...Mommy gave me a recipe book, she said I should use the oven so she sent me a recipe book." She added.

We then started to try making cookies, we measured and sifted the flour together with the baking soda and cocoa power.