Shade

A/n; I'm not one to add drama in my stories, but who's stopping me? 😏

Wednesday...

Jean winced a few times from how I lightly dabbed his scratch with a small ball of cotton. "Agh.."

"Does it still hurt?"

"Yeah. A little."

"Good." I could've used warm water to clean the wound on the corner of his jaw. But given the stupid situation prior, I'd rather use rubbing alcohol instead.

Thanks to the courtesy of Principal Erwin Smith, Jean and I were released early from school. As well as Marlowe.

However, they were both dubbed with a three day suspension.

If I hadn't explained the situation to Mr. Smith, it would've been 7 days instead.

Which brings us both back in the living room of my house, with me tending to Jean's facial wounds with medical supplies sprawled on the couch.

My knee was perched at the side of his lap while I stood over him as he sat idly on the couch.

My free hand held his chin carefully to the side so I could get a good view of the insane abrasion.

"It serves you right to get into a fight that's uncalled for. I'm surprised it was Eren that stopped you." I mumbled the last part.

All Jean did was gawk at me in disbelief.

"Don't look at me like that."

"You know I didn't start this fight."

"No shit, I was there idiot." I snap back "What will it take for you to ignore what people say?"

"So you're saying I should've let Marlowe talk you down like the hypocrite he is? Simply because he can't get his own shit together with Hitch?" He cocked his brow.

My first clenched around the cotton swab. "Stop putting words in my mouth you-!"

Jean eyes widen at my balled fist, remembering how heavy handed I am.

I wasn't planning on hitting him, but GOD is he so hard headed.

I only clenched the swab tighter as I lowered my fist to my side. "Look, baby..." it felt weird but nice to call him that.

A thin layer of pink dusted his cheeks, given that it was his first time being called a sweet nick name by me.

He can't be the only one being the blush factor, you know. It has to be reciprocated.

"I appreciate you being able to stick up for me verbally, and standing between me and Marlowe like that. It felt nice. I'm thankful." I murmured.

He exhales deeply from his nose and lowered his head to avert my gaze.

My damp fingers grace the underside of his chin and gently lifted it to face me. "But getting into a serious fight for a topic that isn't really that serious was fucking stupid."

"Tch."

"I'm also thankful for that. It was stupid, but thank you." I chirped.

Jean's honey hues land back on my faint smile and let a soft smirk curl his lips. "I just want you to feel as safe as you should be."

Tiny cold tears prick the corners of my eyes whilst my lip quivered ever so slightly.

The only other person that's ever said this was my dad.